“Hair and Brush Bristles in Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Basil Restaurant

Basil Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 899 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston,SC
“Hair and Brush Bristles in Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2006

I live in Charleston and have eaten here several times, mostly when friends make me go with them. I have witnessed 2 of my friends have hair or brush bristles (from the tool they clean the woks with) in their food. The last time I went, I found a long, dark hair in my food. Gross! I realize that this can happen anywhere, but I would expect a nicer restaurant to compensate the patron for this. When my bill came, it was not adjusted at all, so I asked to speak with the manager. I politely asked why my bill was not adjusted and he was very rude to me. I could not believe how rude and unprofessional he was. i was shocked! I will not be returning because of this. I will also be reporting this to the BBB as well as DHEC.

5 Thank scgirl1

Beaufort
“Great little Thai place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2006

Fun, fast and the food was wonderful. We had dinner in October on a Thursday night. The restaurant was busy, but we were seated quickly. Our seat was at a bar that was separated by a large plexi-glass partition overlooking the kitchen. Watching the cooking was entertaining. You could see many of the different dishes and the fresh ingredients as they were prepared. The food tasted as fresh as it looked. We had the coconut chicken soup. It was light and delicious. One order was enough to feed three people. Great food, fun dining and a reasonable price.

2 Thank Zzdoc
Seattle, Washington
“Hoppin Good Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2006

A busy, somewhat trendy "display kitchen" Thai place that really delivers the goods!
It has a behind glass kichen with counter seating and regular tables.
Service was friendly and efficient, just like the chefs behind the glass.

Portions were good sized and mighty tasty.

Good wine/sake list.