“Great Thai Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We met some friends here for a birthday dinner and the restaurant was great. My wife and I arrived an hour early to sit at the bar and try some of the appetizers. They have a good selection of drinks, but their food menu isn't that big. Thankfully what they do offer, they produce really well. In the times we've been there prior and since, there has been good consistencies in food quality and portions. The bartender was nice, talkative and gave good menu suggestions. The server once we sat down was good as well. All in all a good night, good atmosphere and good food.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Took my family for dinner, Firstly, the service was less than average. Caitlyn our server was very inattentive. Secondly, I expected the food to be somewhat original and it was very Americanized. Lastly, we ordered a few drink and they were average at most. A very expensive restaurant for Thai food.... If you want Thai not the place to go. Does not have children's menu

Bottom-line, Not recommended

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Beautifully decorated & the food was great. I had Thai Noodles with your choice of chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp. For an appetizer I had spring rolls & my husband had a hot & sour shrimp soup, they were both amazing. portions were more than you would have expected. Choice of main course & appetizer for $12.95 with tea or soda.
We are talking about going back so I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We love Basil - we've eaten there several times. We've also eaten at the one in Mt. Pleasant. It is much easier to get a table in Mt. Pleasant and the outside deck is amazing! The one downtown has great food and service and we love the dishes. We love the Pad Thai and the Gyoza and the potato/chicken dish (sort of like panang) - and LOVE the garlic dishes - but we wish they would add more items to their menu. Panang? Pad Prik King? etc....please.....

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I love Basil. Their duck is incredible and the food is consistently good. The one thing about the interior is that it can be very noisy. I had lunch out doors in April and it was sublime. My lunch consisted of Wonton Soup for 2 which was about the best Wonton Soup I have ever had. Inside can be very busy. Try outside.