“Every Plate We Saw Looked Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Basil Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
“Every Plate We Saw Looked Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at Basil this evening. Our waitress(I believe her name was Alex) was extremely energetic, polite, and attentive. Being a Sunday night, they weren't as busy as I've previously noticed them to be. As a result, our food and drinks both arrived quickly and were delicious. Every plate we saw leave the kitchen overflowed with color and looked amazing. I can't wait to return and try some of the other fantastic-looking meals I saw!

Charleston, South Carolina
“So Good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Basil is an excellent restaurant, one of my favorites! It has a great atmosphere, where you can sit at the bar and watch everyone in the kitchen or sit outside along the sidewalk. The food is INCREDIBLE! Some of the best Thai food I've ever had. And the service reflects the southern hospitality in Charleston!

Princeton, Kentucky
“Best Tom Yum Soup Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a great Thai food place. It is in my top 2 all time Thai restaurant's with the other one in Las Vegas. The Tom Yum soup is by far the best anywhere I have ever had including Thailand. I could sip it by the gallon. The flavors and textures are superb. You can customize the Thai hot to your taste bud volume. The basil fish and basil duck are excellent as well. The Tom Ka soup is a favorite too. If you are in the Charleston area and want the best Thai food stop here , you will love it.

Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had a fab meal in this place. It had a great atmosphere and staff were really attentive. The food was so tasty and we also had some cocktails afterwards which were really nice. I would definitely come back here if I were in the area and would also recommend it. It is a great place to come with friends or even a date! We didnt have a reservation but managed to get a table okay but I would book to avoid disappointment!

• Visited September 2012
Cape Cod
“O M G”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Basil by far exceeds any other Thai restaurant we have ever been to. Tried dishes that we've never had before and loved them. The bowl of coconut soup comes vat-size and there was plenty for breakfast! the next morning. Staff was great, helpful, and friendly. Don't miss this restaurant.