“Great location, good food for reasonable price”
Review of Southend Brewery & Smokehouse - CLOSED

Southend Brewery & Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Queen St
Oakland Park, Florida
“Great location, good food for reasonable price”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Found this place on the Charleston Culinary Tour and went back for dinner. I loved my meal of barbecued beef brisket with mashed sweet potatoes. My friends were not as happy with their pizza choices--said the crust was doughy. One in our party ordered meatloaf that looked burnt on the outside - she was not happy. One had the butternut squash ravioli and said it was delicious. My advice - stick with the barbecue. Had the pulled pork on the culinary tour and it was delicious.

Visited March 2014

Corbin, Kentucky
“Food Smelled good Beer was unimpressive.”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Maybe I'm a spoiled beer snob as my home state of Kentucky seems to be doing some great things with local microbrewing and our previous stop before arriving to Charleston was Asheville which also has a spectacular beer scene. I had high hopes as this place was pretty full of people. The food smelled good but we had already ate and were just there to try out the beer. We shared a flight and I have to say I was really under impressed. Everything seemed very mild and dull in flavor, almost as if watered down. Service was a little lackluster, we were seated in a high top table near the bar, and both the bar and main floor were getting better service than we were. The space is pretty nice. The whole place seemed a little bit "touristy" in my opinion. With so many other great places to eat and drink in Charleston, I doubt I will return. Overall I think the place could be pretty good for the average restruant but my expectations were just set a little too high.

• Visited March 2014
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Reasonably priced restaurant in a tourist area”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were hoping to find an out-of-the-way restaurant but after a day of touring Charleston we were happy not to have to wait for a table or spend over $25 for a entree. It's in a tourist area and the food is good. Standard fare, wide variety and some good beers on tape, all reasonably priced. Great service. We were there early (5pm) so there wasn't a wait but the place is huge so the wait probably isn't too long. We had the pulled pork, butternut squash ravioli and a pick-your-own-topping pizza; all good. Tables are also available outside in front. Bathrooms are upstairs.

• Visited March 2014
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Not bad but nothing special”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I took a group of foreign colleques to this place. The food was not very impressive, nor were the beers. It is not a bad place to visit but Charleston has so much more to offer. We consider it a tourist trap compared to all other offerings. Go the Holy City Brewery if you are into beers

Visited February 2014
“Try the brisket”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Food was delicious if a bit overpriced. Portions were generous. Service was good. We got a table right away and our food came quickly.

Visited March 2014