“Hoping for better food”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Queen St
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I thought the beers were fine, atmosphere good, and the server we had was friendly and attentive. My chicken dish had way too much pepper in it, although maybe that's the regional preference, because in a Savannah high end spot both my soup and seafood suffered from over-peppering. I can say the meal ended on a high note, the flour-less mint chocolate cake was great, and provided need caffeine for the drive back to Hilton Head since the restaurant does not offer tea.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I had the pulled pork BBQ and my husband had the brisket. It was good, but I've had much better BBQ before. Good location. Lots of seating. Kids menu.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went to the Southend for lunch one day and had a couple pizzas and their shecrab soup. The soup was excellent, the pizzas were ok. So, we went back this evening for dinner and an evening of salsa dancing.

We had their smoked ribs with a side of grits (along with the mandatory shecrab soup, mentioned above). The rack of ribs were small, greasy and tasteless. We've had much better at nearly any BBQ joint or Fatz cafe in Western SC. The grits looked like an ice cream scoop of rice in the bowl.. dry and flavorless. I guess we'll stick to Waffle House, there. No salt, pepper, butter. NADA.

We stayed for the Latin dancing which started about 10pm. The music was wonderful, but the old wood floor was badly worn, warped, and a tripping/dancing hazard. Don't bring your good dancing shoes.

By 11, there were many drunks in the bar, including a minor (from a wedding party) who sat in my wife's chair, drinking her drink. I had a bartender replace the drink and he moved him on... but was still in the bar. By 12am, the dancing was more of a drunken mosh-pit, with 5-6 guys barely able to walk, balancing their beer bottles and held up by the women they were "dancing" with. In addition, the drunk minor along with several other kids (to about 6 years old) were in the dance floor. It seemed more like a drunken kindergarten than an adult club.

The management and bouncers were non-existent within the club. If there was a policeman available when we left the club, we'd have talked to him.

I'll not visit this place the next time I come to Charleston... In fact, I has poisoned both of us on re-visiting the town again.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Upscale setting for a brewery. Beer and appetizers were very good. 6 microbrews brewed there. Especially liked the brown ale and red ale. Not much for the hophead at this time (Nov). Would recommend.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The first time my party and I ate here the food was excellent. The local baked brie appetizer was flavorful and fresh. The local beers were crisp and had full bodied flavor. The pulled pork sandwich, Southend burger and southern burger were all cooked to perfection. The desserts were marginal (the creme brulee was actually COOKED in the stove and came out as a warm pudding; the spice cake was ok). Day 2 was horrific! The chicken salad sandwich had a strange, unidentifiable flavor (poultry seasoning perhaps??). The seasoned rice side the chef was experimenting with was disgusting (over-seasoned, strange flavor, the sausage did not go w/ the seasoning). They had run out of their signature dessert this second night. A much different experience than the first time I went here. :-(