“very good beer and good food”
Review of Southend Brewery & Smokehouse - CLOSED

Southend Brewery & Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Queen St
Wixom, Michigan
“very good beer and good food”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Upscale setting for a brewery. Beer and appetizers were very good. 6 microbrews brewed there. Especially liked the brown ale and red ale. Not much for the hophead at this time (Nov). Would recommend.

Visited November 2013

Kernersville, North Carolina, United States
“Once was good, twice was disappointing”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The first time my party and I ate here the food was excellent. The local baked brie appetizer was flavorful and fresh. The local beers were crisp and had full bodied flavor. The pulled pork sandwich, Southend burger and southern burger were all cooked to perfection. The desserts were marginal (the creme brulee was actually COOKED in the stove and came out as a warm pudding; the spice cake was ok). Day 2 was horrific! The chicken salad sandwich had a strange, unidentifiable flavor (poultry seasoning perhaps??). The seasoned rice side the chef was experimenting with was disgusting (over-seasoned, strange flavor, the sausage did not go w/ the seasoning). They had run out of their signature dessert this second night. A much different experience than the first time I went here. :-(

• Visited November 2013
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Disconcerting experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My friend and I went to this restaurant for lunch. I order a cup of chowder. He ordered a bowl. When the soup arrived, my friend had gotten a call and stepped away from the table. I finished my cup of soup and when my friend returned I suggested he pour his 'bowl' of soup into my cup. Lo and behold it was the same amount of soup as in a cup. This restaurant scams customers by serving the same amount of soup in both a cup and a bowl. Shame on them!!! We told our waitress. She said she told the manager, but he never showed up at our table to apologize. They did comp the soup, but that's because we caught them cheating us as they must have been cheating their customers for a long time. We hope they get new Bowls. We won't go back.

Visited November 2013
Sarnen, Switzerland
“Great location - Food ok”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We finally made it to go eat there. After they forgot our appetizer to bring ahead, they still served it when we almost finished the main course. Of cores we where full by then. Girls food was excellent, mine and my husbands steak (angus) was cooked to the max, unfortunately. I don't like rare meat, but this one was cooked very long. It still tasted great and the mashed potatoes where great! Dessert was fantastic!

• Visited October 2013
Valdosta, Georgia
“Yum!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The applewood pizza was the best pizza I've ever had!! Our service wasn't that great but it was worth the wait! Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013