“Great way to kick off our week in Charleston”
Review of Hyman's Seafood

Hyman's Seafood
Ranked #130 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: The HYMANS have been at the same location for over 126 years starting out as a Wholesale dry goods store then changing to HYMANS SEAFOOD AND AARON'S DELI in 1987. The HYMANS commitment to guaranteed customer satisfaction is the reason that HYMANS SEAFOOD is now a Charleston landmark.Hymans Half Shell offers fresh oysters and great happy hour specials daily. Fresh LOCAL fish specials daily, delivered straight off of our coast. If there is ever a problem, please notify one of the family members that are in the building at all times.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The food was really good. Lots and lots of variety. Some of the best shrimp and grits we had while on vacation. It was worth standing in line to have lunch there. Reasonable prices and food portions.

2  Thank Laura T
Write a ReviewReviews (5,771)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have been to a lot of seafood restaurants in Charleston and for the money and the taste, Hymans is the best hands down.. They are pretty reasonable with their prices compared to nearby establishments, the food is great and I NEVER leave hungry. Their scallops are the best I've had hands down and their flounder is HUGE!.. Going back to Charleston soon and Hymans will be a stop for us!!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended by many, it is a fun place to enjoy a cold beer and some seafood. The hushpuppies are wonderful, the restaurant is very large and always crowded which is likely the reason my food arrived lukewarm. This was a fun visit to what seems like a Charleston favorite, one visit is plenty, not a repeat for us.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I wanted to try this place but didn't feel like dealing with the night time crowds, so we decided to do lunch here. We showed up and we were seated right away. Our waitress was super friendly and gave us a bunch of recommendations. We shared a combination platter and we had shrimp and grites, pollock, shrimp, calamari, and fried clams. Everything was very good, and we had no complaints with our food.

Only reason I didn't give it an excellent rating was that our drinks were subpar at best. They claim to have famous Bloody Marie's and they were average at best. My wife had a drink that tasted like straight booze, it was not good at all.

Overall, it was a great place!

1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had to wait 15 minutes to be seated, but it was well worth the wait. My husband and I both had a 3 fish plate. Crab cake, flounder, and shrimp all tasted fresh and delicious. Meals come with yummy cold slaw, hush puppies and a side. Members of the Hyman family comes around to each table, are friendly and ask for input.

1  Thank HappyOakdale_NY