“Fresh seafood, great service!”
Review of Hyman's Seafood

Hyman's Seafood
Ranked #85 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The HYMANS have been at the same location for over 126 years starting out as a Wholesale dry goods store then changing to HYMANS SEAFOOD AND AARON'S DELI in 1987. The HYMANS commitment to guaranteed customer satisfaction is the reason that HYMANS SEAFOOD is now a Charleston landmark.Hymans Half Shell offers fresh oysters and great happy hour specials daily. Fresh LOCAL fish specials daily, delivered straight off of our coast. If there is ever a problem, please notify one of the family members that are in the building at all times.
Chicago, Illinois
“Fresh seafood, great service!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We ate here on a busy holiday weekend. We were lucky to get a table for two right away at 3:30 p.m. The place seems to seat alot of people. The fried green tomatoes were decent. The she crab soup was worth the visit! I had a daily special, stuffed broiled shrimp with cheese sauce. It was delicious. My husband had a combo of grouper, fried shrimp and scallops. He loved the scallops. We did not care for the cole slaw. It seems to have a pickled taste, possibly the red cabbage... The portions are large. The service was attentive. I would highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“great dinner”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My first time at Hyman's, what a great atmosphere, really cool to see all the pictures of the 'celebs' that have eaten there before me... had the jambalaya and it was very good, my wife had the fried catfish, shrimp and crabcake, my sampling of that was tasty. also the hushpuppies were really fresh. be aware that they drop you out into the gift shop so grab your wallets, we walked out with a couple of brand new (hardly needed) coffee mugs... :)

Visited August 2013
Springfield, Illinois
“Good touristy restaurant”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to Hyman's Seafood with a large group of friends for a late afternoon lunch. There was a fairly long wait to be seated, but we went into the bar and had some drinks. My husband and his friend asked for " the Charleston drink," and I'm not sure if this is actually the "Charleston drink" or the bartender just wanted to appease the guys, but he made us "Charleston Arnold Palmers" with the local Firefly sweet tea vodka--they were awesome. Also, someone brought around hush puppies for us to snack on while we waited, which was much appreciated.

When we got to our table we noticed that all the tables have little brass labels with the names of celebrities who have apparently eaten in the restaurant. We thought that was kind of fun.

We ordered the seafood smorgasbord appetizer and then the pick seven meal to share, and there was a TON of food. Everything was great, particularly the shrimp, oysters and the crab claws. Basically if you are looking for a ton of fried seafood, then Hyman's is probably a good choice for you. Just know that the portions are really big--you definitely get your money's worth, because it's not overly expensive. We split the costs of a couple beers, the appetizer and the meal with another couple and I think our bill was $50 pre-tax.

All in all, everyone was pleased with their meal and I think we all enjoyed the experience.

• Visited August 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't miss the Charleston Delight”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been going here for years and have always had very good quality meals at great prices. Try the whole flounder and don't miss the Charleston Delight-fried grit cake with your favorite shell fish. Yummy!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LynnBurnett81151
Tybee Island, Georgia
“Friendly and delicious”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took my daughter and grandkids because I wanted to have the she-crab soup again. But other things were so inviting that I forgot the soup. So we went back for lunch the next day and it was worth it. So many people are fed, but wait times are short, and it is friendly and personal. A manager always visits the table and makes real gestures to help. Children got free ice creams, we were treated to t-shirts when we had a minor complaint (regarding holding the onions) and we always left with a smile. It is 200 miles away but I am going back soon!

• Visited August 2013