“Seafood”
Review of Hyman's Seafood

Hyman's Seafood
Ranked #77 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: The HYMANS have been at the same location for over 126 years starting out as a Wholesale dry goods store then changing to HYMANS SEAFOOD AND AARON'S DELI in 1987. The HYMANS commitment to guaranteed customer satisfaction is the reason that HYMANS SEAFOOD is now a Charleston landmark.Hymans Half Shell offers fresh oysters and great happy hour specials daily. Fresh LOCAL fish specials daily, delivered straight off of our coast. If there is ever a problem, please notify one of the family members that are in the building at all times.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is where the locals go. Amazing seafood prepared many ways. Loved the scallops. If you want a great plate of food, this is the place.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The wait was over an hour. We thought this meant the food would be excellent. By the time we got to our seat, we were further encouraged by the atmosphere. However, the food was by no means up to would you'd expect for the price. I think I've had as good a seafood meal at Long John Silvers. If you want the best seafood in town, go to Hank's.

2  Thank kconn_tweet
Reviewed August 31, 2013

If you are in Charleston, this is a can't miss in my opinion. The food is very, very good...the hushpuppies are the BEST I have EVER had ANYWHERE. The prices are very reasonable. What really sets this place apart is the service. The people who work there either really LOVE their job or should win an Oscar for acting. I think they really do LOVE working there. My wife and I had a great time dining here and I think you will too.

1  Thank Dave P
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We live locally and this is our favorite restaurant in downtown Charleston. When we have friends visit from out of town, we always take them there. When family comes to visit, they always want to go to Hyman's. My fathere was recently in town for his 82nd birthday and guess where he wanted to go for dinner - Hyman's. Their Crispy Flounder is the BEST!! Either management or owners always stop by the table and talk to you.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is my second visit to Hyman`s. The food was fabulous and the prices are too bad. The service was okay...could have been better. I went at 4:00 pm hoping to beat the crowd, which I did, and the service was still unimpressionable.