“Start your trip out right - have lunch at Cru Cafe”
Review of Cru Cafe

Cru Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Cru Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Located at 18 Pinckney Street, in a classic 18th century Charleston single-style home, Cru Café offers the best in upscale comfort food. Guests of the restaurant enjoy indoor and outdoor porch seating, gourmet comfort food, a wine list tailored to the varied menu and rich, satisfying desserts. It’s one of Charleston’s best kept secrets. Open for lunch and dinner Tuesday through Saturday.
Kentucky
“Start your trip out right - have lunch at Cru Cafe”
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Delightful lunch indoors in a charming house that reminds me of a cross between Merrick Inn, Jonathan's and Ramsey's in Lexington, KY. An interesting mix if you know those places.

Interesting lunch menu - the Caprese salad, the Shrimp BLT, the Angus Burger, the Goat Cheese Salad...oh and Macaroni and Cheese you will write home about!

Nice, helpful servers. Eclectic ambience in an old farm house convenient walking from the market or your downtown hotel. Indoor seating and several tables on a small porch from which you can view the livery for carriages.

Great desserts too - the flourless chocolate with Prosecco and berries WOW!

Pittsboro N.C.
“Extremely Disappointing!!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Very disappointing!!
I have never been one to complain about portion sizes but I found this really poor. I ordered the goat chese salad and the amount of goat cheese could't fill a teaspoon.The sald was good just not enough. I ordered the dinner special which was mahi mahi with herb rissoto. There was only about 3 ounces of fish and maybe 4-5 forkfulls of risotto.I have eaten in many fine restaurants allover the US and this was just weak. Maybe I received the last amount, if so they should't have served it!!! I told the waitress at the end but she ignored me.
My wife ordered a slad eith chicken for dinner and that was fine

2 Thank plcape
Boston
“Food with originality”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Plain decor and pleasant service compliment the fine food, prepared with creativity, of this simple Charleston bistro.

Boston
“Great food and value”
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We were at the end of our vacation and wanted to find a place with good salads before we got on the scales back home. Easier said than done. The salads at Cru are very good. So is the Mac & Cheese (well I had a salad!). Definitely recommend the restaurant. It's off the beaten path so much cheaper than the Charleston norm

1 Thank Windrider1
Charlotte, NC
“Wonderful”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I have heard raves about this place from multiple friends so I went. for lunch We had to sit outside because there was no indoor seating but once a seat inside opened atleast 3 people asked us if we would like to move inside. Our glasses were always full and the server was wonderful. I can't rave enough about the food. The mac and cheese was out of this world. I would make reservations at any time of day and map out where you are going to park. There is a parking deck about 1.5 blocks away, you can't park in the lot across the street. I highly recommend.