“Delicious lunch!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cru Cafe

Cru Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Cru Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 898 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Located at 18 Pinckney Street, in a classic 18th century Charleston single-style home, Cru Café offers the best in upscale comfort food. Guests of the restaurant enjoy indoor and outdoor porch seating, gourmet comfort food, a wine list tailored to the varied menu and rich, satisfying desserts. It’s one of Charleston’s best kept secrets. Open for lunch and dinner Tuesday through Saturday.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Delicious lunch!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've read reviews and wanted to go here for a while, called two hours ahead and got reservations. Sampled the mussels with tomato wine broth and a salad with tilapia over greens with honey-sherry vinagraitte and pine nuts. Superb, tasty, fresh, lovely! Staff did serve bread over the mussels after we told them my sister couldn't have bread (she has celiacs disease so basically it would make her ill), but they brought another dish out about 15 minutes later, so that was my only concern. Otherwise fantastic, would definitely recommend. :)

Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Great food.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant lived up to the reviews. Great food in an old house. Had the fried oyster salad, and though it was simple, it was great. Oysters lightly fried over a salad that was perfectly dressed. Also had the fried green tomatoes as a main dish. They were topped with a sweet sauce and crispy pork belly. It was sweet, salty, crunchy all at once!
Would go back next time we are in Charleston.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Creative, delicious cuisine”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Since my husband and I recently relocated to Charleston, we are trying out all the well-regarded restaurants in the area. Cru Cafe deserves its stellar reputation. The space is small so plan ahead and get a reservation, and you won't be disappointed. My husband's beef short rib won ton small plate won his highest praise, and my duck confit arugula salad was excellent--very fresh greens, properly seasoned, just the right amount of sherry vinaigrette.

We both had seafood entrees, and both were delicious. My husband chose the wahoo special, and while I did not taste it, the presentation was very enticing. My swordfish dish (with a jambalaya treatment) lived up to expectations.

The service was paced appropriately for a restaurant where the tables need to turn to accommodate all the waiting guests. So if you want to linger, go elsewhere. If you want a creative, delicious meal at reasonable prices (for Charleston), try Cru Cafe.

“Simply amazing”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I tried this place mostly based on TripAdvisor reviews ... And boy I'm glad that I did! The service was the best I've had in a while and the food was right up there too!

Visited July 2013
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Unique Restaurant in Charleston”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had read the reviews and Cru Cafe lives up to them. The food was great, a deliciously different take on the Low Country Cuisine. Service was very good and the Restaurant, while very small was not too noisey and has really attractive decor. We had a reservation, which I highly recommend having, and our table was waiting for us. I would definatey recommend Cru Cafe for a dinner in Charleston!

Visited July 2013