“Good food and attentive staff”
Review of Cru Cafe

Cru Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Cru Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Located at 18 Pinckney Street, in a classic 18th century Charleston single-style home, Cru Café offers the best in upscale comfort food. Guests of the restaurant enjoy indoor and outdoor porch seating, gourmet comfort food, a wine list tailored to the varied menu and rich, satisfying desserts. It’s one of Charleston’s best kept secrets. Open for lunch and dinner Tuesday through Saturday.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We walked up without a reservation at 8:30 pm and the place was packed on Wednesday night.... so be forewarned. Luckily, two people we leaving and we got their table. They serve inside and also have a few tables on the porch. It is an old house but very clean and comfortable.
There was a fried oyster salad on the menu and I am soooo happy that I got that. The fried oysters were perfect.. I could have eaten a plate of oysters. My husband ordered scallops which were perfectly cooked and served with angel hair pasta... our favorite type of pasta. I got their swordfish with jambalaya and it was tasty. Nice wine menu. No room for dessert! This is a place I would definitely go back to.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Had an excellent lunch here for our first vacation spot!!! It really set the bar high for the week to come. getting in on a saturday wasnt easy but thankfully our friends saved us a spot and it was very rewarding! We all tried a bit of each others dishes and everything was superb! Waiter was very friendly and not to crowding even though I bet he wanted the table for the next guest!! Try the shrimp!!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Dinner there tonight, 5/2/13. Wife had. Black drum special and I the Thai seafood risotto. Both had a truffle mushroom soup. Everything was significantly above the quality of restaurants anywhere. Excellent friendly service, something missing from the other places we tried in Charleston. The dishes were perfection! Wonderful cacophony of favors, perfectly married, into a wonderful taste. Prices are moderate for Charleston. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

after reading all the reviews we decide on Cru Cafe for dinner on our trip to Charleston and we are so glad we did! Loved the ceasar salad with creative crouton,both our seafood dishes were cooked to perfection and the service was excellent.Thanks for making our anniversary in Charleston a memorable trip!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

When we called for reservations they were booked for inside seating, but they did have an outdoor table available. As it was rain was predicted, we asked about other options. We were told if we arrived right at opening, they would find a place for us indoors. As soon as they opened, we were seated promptly in the bar area. Although the dining room looked lovely, the bar area was very interesting. As there is an opening between the bar & the kitchen area, you can watch the food being prepared.One of our diners ordered the fish, while I ordered the scallops & pasta. I'm not a pasta lover, but I do like seared scallops, so I thought I'd give it a try. Oh my -- everything about this dish was wonderful. The scallops were perfectly cooked, & the pasta was outstanding. Everyone in our party cleaned their plates. This was a meal that you wish you could eat more than once! To add to that, our service was excellent! This restaurant is slightly perfect, but worth every penny!