“New name--same great food”
Review of The Med Eatery and Bar - CLOSED

The Med Eatery and Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Med Deli is now called the Med Bistro. The place looks a little different, and I think they've changed the menu a bit, but it's pretty much the same. I've always enjoyed eating there, and this time was no different. I ordered a sandwich I've never had before--but I'll probably try to make it at home. It was pimiento cheese, bacon, and a big slice of fried green tomato on rye. It's a southern thing. OMG. It was to die for. I could only eat half, so I wrapped the other half up and ate it on the plane home the next day. As a side I chose cukes and tomatoes in a vinaigrette dressing. Excellent. Our server did a good job.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on the way home from visiting Charleston for the day. The food was very good and you got lots of it! Our waitress was fantastic! I have a severe food allergy and she (and the kitchen staff) were super accommodating. She checked with the kitchen for everything for me - salad dressings, side options, etc. I was able to substitute a fabulous side salad for fries because the fries weren't gluten free. She also suggested a gluten free beer for me. She was great with my kids, asking them how they liked their meals. Overall, it was a great place for lunch, I'd go back for sure.

1  Thank emnb
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Haven't been here in several years. Used to be average lunch place. Has turned into a really nice spot. Good food. Good service. Appreciated children's menu w food kids like. They actually asked to go back. Not crazy about choice of music. Paella a nice treat. Needs less spicey liquid. We will be back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Once more to the Med Deli and once more I wonder why? After trying a number of overcrowded restaurants West of the Ashley on Saturday night with a very hungry grandchild we gave in to trying Med Deli for the third or fourth time over the years. Each time we go there I hope to find that this comfortable neighborhood restaurant has a new and better chef. Dissapointment each and every time. Calimari fried to rubber bands, fried oysters so thick with breading that there was no flavor of oysters. Chicken and pasta that appeared to have been reheated in a microwave after being long frozen. Huge salads, again, with no flavor to the dressing and nothing new or exciting in the bowl. This was not an inexpensive meal but it surely was an inferior meal. The only positive was our server was a delightful young lady who was swift and attentive.

1  Thank Jakeala
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went there for brunch with four friends; had not been there since their ownership change some time ago.. Menu was extensive and the hours for brunch are good 10-3 30 on sunday... Service was excellent... Our waitress did a good job of staying on top of our needs without being intrusive... Food was good but not great... Presentation could have been better... Two of us, who had what was on the menu as smoked salmon benedict, had stomach problems later but could not say with any certainty that it came from that... Problem was that wasn't smoked salmon on the sandwich...It was regular salmon ( BIG DIFFERENCE)...
Altogether ok experience but not great. Might give them another try another day.