“Fulton Five is Fabulous!”
Review of Fulton Five

Fulton Five
Ranked #84 of 932 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine dining Northern Italian restaurant located in Historic Downtown Charleston
Reviewed November 19, 2008

This cozy restaurant is tucked back in a small alley which makes it seem all the better. The service was excellent and the menu selections were all appealing. There were six of us dining and everyone had something different and no one was disappointed. Especially good was the panna cotta for dessert. It drew rave reviews from all! We would highly recommend this restaurant for great atmosphere and excellent food from appetizers to dessert!

There are newer reviews for Fulton Five

Reviewed October 13, 2008

Fulton Five is tucked away on a side street off King's Street in Charleston, so it's a bit off the beaten path, which is good.

It's small and romantic. The service is very good. The menu had many interesting and creative dishes listed. I tried a special salad of the day, arugula with several ingredients including green peas and some type of grain. It was unusual, but I wouldn't necessarily order it again. Flavors didn't really sing, and there was a bit too much dressing. Too, salads run $9 to $10, so I expect perfection for this amount of money.

For an entree, I ordered trout. (Look out for a few bones, hard to see in the dark.) It was very flavorful, stuffed with fennel, etc., with some spinach on the side. But, it was just too salty. What a shame. Again, for the money, I expect a flavorful dish, not overpowered with salt. My spouse ordered the spaghetti carbonara, which he said was very good.

For the money, though, I don't know if I would try again.

Reviewed September 15, 2008

Fulton Five offers tremendous taste but sacrifices on portion and affordability. The ravioli is among the best italian food I've ever tasted, but the large portion provided me about 6 bites. Not exactly worth 18 dollars in my opinion. The appetizer was disappointing on taste though-basically asparagus with an egg thrown on it--I was hoping there would be a little more creativity involved.

The service was decent (nothing really stood out as good or bad), and the place was definitely not crowded. Plus, I like the location--the cozy restaurant is tucked away on a side street avoiding the hustle and bustle of downtown.

Unfortunately, after a four course meal and quite a bit of money spent, I left still very hungry.

Reviewed April 19, 2008

We had a great Anniversary dinner at Fulton Five. The romantic atmosphere and fabulous food made for a very memorable evening. We ordered the red snapper special and the chocolate rubbed filet and both were simply wonderful. The wine was excellent as well. This was our first visit and we will definately be back!

Reviewed March 23, 2008

We have dined at Fulton Five several times, with the last time being a year ago. At that time, the service lacked from the previous visits. However, this visit shows that they have everything back in line! From start to finish it was a wonderful experience. Fantastic wine list to complement amazing cuisine. We will definitely return!