“Great place for irish music and beer.”
Review of Tommy Condon’s

Tommy Condon’s
Ranked #95 of 946 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: After working in the restaurant business for many years, Tommy opened his first restaurant in 1984. He has made his name by becoming one of Charleston's favorite local spots to serve up Lowcountry specialties such as shrimp and grits and fish and chips. Tommy runs the type of family-oriented establishment where people know their children are as welcome as they are. In fact, a children's menu has been specially prepared for "little leprechauns." In the months following Hurricane Hugo, Tommy made numerous trips to Ireland collecting exquisite antique mirrors and authentic Irish memorabilia that adorn his restaurant. He scoured the countryside and brought every pub mirror he could find. He laughs wryly about his massive shipping bills. The results are worth all his effort. The mirrors cast rich reflections, making the restaurant warm and inviting. Some mirrors are ornately detailed while others shimmer with simple elegance. You'll swear you've been transported to a pub shrouded in antiquity in Ireland's rambling countryside.The restaurant would not be complete without the sounds of Ireland. The background music is perfect. In the pub and bar area the "live" sounds of Ireland can be heard every Wednesday through Sunday nights. You can sit back and listen or join in singing an Irish-American sing-along. Tommy says it is wonderful to see whole families getting in on the fun at one table while at another sits a couple on a date and at yet another sits someone's grandparents remembering and laughing.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Having been to Ireland we were pleasantly surprised to walk in here and hear irish music and have one of the best Smithwick's outside of Ireland. The bar tender did a great job making sure we didn't have to wait for a re-fill and it was a fun place to hang out and enjoy the music.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,275)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you are in search of the fine dining that Charleston has to offer, this should not be your choice. If you want a good meal that is reasonably priced with decent service, this Irish pub fits the bill perfectly. Have had lunch here twice on different trips with good food and experiences both times.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I don't know about the other dishes, but this one is a winner. The help was very nice! I like this place and will go back.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and his friend found this pub in their travels. They enjoyed it so much that we went back to have a light dinner. The food was very good and the service was excellent! Highly recommend!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stopped for an early dinner as we had tickets to a show later in the evening. We had had a late lunch, and I wasn't very hungry. My husband ordered a wedge salad, and it was so huge that he gave me almost half of it. I was probably finished eating about then, but it was very good. I had ordered the pulled pork which was good too, though the cole slaw was piled on top of the sandwich and I had to take it off. I wasn't able to eat it all after the salad. My husband had the shrimp and grits which he said was merely okay. We were sitting on the enclosed patio area, had beers and had fun taking a gulp every time a horse drawn carriage full of people went by. It's an okay, average place.