“Sweet Lavender ”
Review of Cypress

Cypress
Reserve with OpenTable
Cypress is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Queen & East Bay
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Sweet Lavender ”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The server was great! He suggested the lavender martini. It was wonderful! I ordered the Steak Diane. It was cooked perfectly. There is no salt and pepper on the tables. I do think it could of used a little salt. Sorry. A very nice place with wonderful food and charming staff.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wall of Wine”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The food, as with all places we dined at in Charleston, was very good. What set this place apart was the 3 story wall of red wine. There is also a large walk in cooler for white wines. The is a nice bar area on the second level. The alternating lighting was also pretty interesting. Overall a good place for a wine lover.

Charlotte, NC
“Beautiful restaurant - great meal”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We didn't realize that it was going to be Restaurant Week in Charleston when we booked our weekend. What a great surprise! Friends had recommended Cypress and their Restaurant Week menu seemed to have something for everyone. My duck and my husband's pork loin were delicious. We were nearly too stuffed to eat dessert, but we managed - Mexican Chocolate Cake for me and Key Lime Pie for him. The only disappointment was the relatively small wine-by-the-glass offerings. Only 2 chardonnay choices? Surprising in a restaurant of this caliber. I'm looking forward to eating here again!

Kennesaw, Georgia
“My favorite”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Cypress 3 times in 2013 and each time was great. Solid food consistent service and a great atmosphere. I must see and experience in Charleston

Visited September 2013
Augusta, Georgia
“Disappointing second visit.”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were looking forward to our second visit to Cypress after a successful first visit. We went the last Saturday during restaurant week. Maybe that was part of the problem. The kitchen mixed up the temps of my and my husband's steaks. So they both went back and mine returned first. I ate my meal and then he ate his. Minor apologies were made by management and waiter. They comped 1 glass of wine. Not one each - 1 period. I really expected more since we didn't even get to eat together! My Steak Diane was not nearly as good as it was the first time. Husband's crispy potatoes were soggy. For some reason the restaurant staff let waiting diners block the path from the dining room to the kitchen and the restroom. Waiters and diners had to fight there way through the crowd. Overall it just wasn't a pleasant experience and was not worth the cost. We won't go back.