“One of the top stops”
Review of Cypress - CLOSED

Cypress
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Queen & East Bay
“One of the top stops”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

If you love Chateaubriand this is the place. Also the best Martini bar this side of anywhere. Ambiance is flowing at this place folks with fine dining service that's off the scale!

Washington, D.C.
“Enjoyable Meal”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My mother and I went to Cypress for dinner on a recent stay. The restaurant furnishings are comfortable and trendy. The wine list was superb. Our waiter was knowledgable and clearly a fan of all of the cuisine on the menu. My review would be slightly better but for the fact that our waiter seemed to be disappointed/put off by the fact that I am a vegetarian and ordered accordingly. Even though the meatless selection was sparse, the food was very good. I would recommend this place.

• Visited November 2013
Valparaiso, Indiana
“WOW!! Don't Miss this One!!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Before traveling to Charleston, my husband and I asked friends for recommendations for restaurants we shouldn't miss. Of all of the suggestions we received, Cypress was by the BEST! In fact--it was so good--after going there once, we cancelled one of our other reservations and went to this fantastic restaurant a second time. The atmosphere was unique, the service was attentive and the food and drinks were like no other restaurant in Charleston!

• Visited October 2013
charleston
“Special Evening”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Fantastic! The service was wonderful, and the atmosphere was perfect. My Fiancée and I were doing a staycation and thoroughly enjoyed eatting out at Cypress. Neither my fiancee or I had ever eatten here before, but it won't be our last time.

• Visited November 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Most Improved restaurant in Charleston”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Previously I have not had good experiences at Cypress. My last visit was during the tenure of a previous chef. Currently they are presenting food at the highest levels in Charleston. The only problem is that it is a large restaurant that is trying to provide old school style service with tableside service and preparations. The small plate starters were superb with the house made hominy outstanding. I loved the warm oyster preparation. The steak for two although excellent was delivered on a plate by the runner not the waiter. It was excellent and perfectly cooked. I can highly recommend this restaurant at this time.

• Visited October 2013