“Good ambience, good service”
Review of Cypress - CLOSED

Cypress
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Queen & East Bay
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Located in a old building with a contemporary decor. The restaurant is charming and the lighting constantly changing he mood. The server was courteous and knowledgeable. The raw oysters were fresh and favorable. Heritage pork was tender and prepared wonderfully. My wife had the beef ribs which were tender but salty, probably because of bacon. Mac and cheese was uniquely different but rewarding. Overall good experience!

There are newer reviews for Cypress

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Worth the trip from Columbia just to eat here. The menu is outstanding with choices for everyone. The service was amazing. One of the best wine lists I've seen and the wine wall is beautiful. Great ambiance.
I ordered Steak Diane, always one of my favorite meals any time it is offered, and it blew me away. The cheese plate appetizer was delicious as well.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Three of us went to dinner while visiting Charleston. Each loved the entire meal and setting. Very nice booths and not crowded for a Thurs night. We started with the large House Cured Meats as an appetizer. Great for 3 of us to share. It came with a card describing each meat and some melted in your mouth. Also shared the Ricotta Gnocchi, which was incredible! I've never had gnocchi so light and prepared this way. Then I shared the Châteaubriand for Two. The filet melted in my mouth and was prepared exactly as ordered and one of my top lists for filet. Would love to return when visiting again!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

From the chic decor including a 4,000+wine-bottle-lined wall, the food is awesome. The table-side caesar prepared for two and the steak Diane or crispy wasabi tuna are just some of the really great dishes coming from Chef Deihl's team at Cypress. Add it to your list of places to eat for dinner while in Charleston. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Cypress is easily one of my favorite restuarants in Charleston, and there are tons of great ones!! You can explore the menu and not go wrong - the tuna plate is my favorite and I get it often. Monday nights the burger special in the bar area is one of the best deals in Charleston. Wine list is top notch.