“Wonderful meal”

Cypress - A Lowcountry Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Cypress - A Lowcountry Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 899 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Queen & East Bay
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Cypress has a sophisticated, contemporary setting, with excellent food and service. I had scallops and pork belly that were out of this world.

Visited May 2013

Hamilton, Virginia
“Innovative, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I'll admit I'm working from a smallish sample size of restaurants in Charleston, but we were very impressed by the food at Cypress. First, the chef dabbles in charcuterie, and you would be remiss if you did not partake of the charcuterie menu. Some of the best stuff I've had this side of the Atlantic. Second, the special was extremely innovative. The wait staff was very good and food knowledgable, which always helps. We dined at a higher rated restaurant the night before but thought this one was leagues better. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is my daughter's favorite restaurant in Charleston. When I come to visit it's a given that we'll be eating at Cypress at least one night! This was the case a few weeks ago when we had the occasion to dine at some of Charleston's top restaurants. The service at Cypress was the best!! We basically put our Server in charge of the ordering and he did a great job. I had the tuna and it was outstanding. However, it was a dish I would have liked to have shared.

Great night, wonderful service, lots of fun!

• Visited May 2013
“Don't waste your time or money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Wow!! I can't even begin to tell you how horrible this restaurant was. Visited over memorial weekend, sat at the bar upstairs. Ordered an average cocktail and decided to get "their signature dish" tuna wrapped in phyllo flash fried, promised to still have a cool red center. Man, I should have stopped when they said deep fried tuna, who does that? I ate one bite and it was terrible!! Served with fava beans and some vegetable or potato not quite sure, it tasted more like a sliced raw potato. My boyfriend had the sweet and sour meatballs which were just as bad. I'm pretty sure grape jelly and BBQ sauce over store bought frozen meatballs would have been better. It was sad. Spent over $100 and left hoping I wasn't going to get sick. One positive... Restaurant is beautiful. It stops there unfortunately and sad. For a great town with great food there are much better places out there.

2 Thank Zissouandme
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Excellent all around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We visited this restaurant on ourvacation and we were so glad that we did. The service was impeccable and the food was better. We order the Chateubriand for two and it was superb. It was cooked to perfection. The ambiance was lovely with changing lights. I highly recommend!

1 Thank Pambaknj