“Loved this restaurant!”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between John & Ann Streets
Description: A warm contemporary and inviting space, Fish resides in a beautifully renovated, 1837 Charleston home in the heart of the Upper King Design District. Our seasonal menu reimagines classic French cuisine with delicate Asian touches and unrivaled presentation, showcasing the freshest local and sustainable ingredients. Featuring straight-off-the-boat seafood and locally harvested produce, Fish's vibrant fare spans farm-raised meats, innovative dim sum, artisan cocktails and boutique wines. Small and large plates feature light fare, family-style bites and hearty entrees, alongside vegan and gluten-free selections. Enjoy handcrafted cocktails at the lively bar - a local favorite for happy hour Tuesday - Friday & Sunday 4:30 - 8:00 pm.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We loved the food, service, atmosphere and location. I definitely recommend that you try this restaurant. My party had 4 different dishes (scallops, tilefish, naked fish and the bass special) and all were delicious. The table next to us had appetizers that looked great, too.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

From the dim sum appetizers (suspend what you think are typical Chinese dim sum) to the tile fish and the bouillabaisse to the dim sum dessert (!), everything was of high quality, creatively executed and just plain ol' delicious. Check out their internet site before you go--they had a half price wine sale ($90 or less) and half price dim sum appetizers when were were there mid-week.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had eaten lunch at Fish and found it pretty basic. Dinner is another story. The food was superb. We had a three cheese plate for an appetizer that included white cheddar as a fondue (which was indescribably wonderful), a goat cheese spring roll and a soft fromage. All were wonderful. I had bouillabaisse with an terrific broth which included coconut. My wife had bass, which also was terrific. The other couple dim sum which was a special for 50% off, each piece looked great and they loved it. The woman had tile fish and the man had bouillabaisse. They enjoyed both. Any wine for less than 90 was half price. We had a wonderful red wine. The other couple had a dessert sampler that they raved about.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We go to Charleston once a year and always have lunch at Fish. Their Asian-inspired fare is nutritious and delicious. For their wraps, which I always select, the diner selects a protein (fish Shrimp, chicken, etc), sauce and side. The wrap includes rice, daikon, cilantro. Iced tea is included for a total cost of $10.00. A glass of wine adds $2.00 to the total cost.
The lunch menu also includes steamed bus, a salad and pad thai.

Dinner gets rave reviews, although I have not yet tried it. The restaurant is on Meeting Street in the heart of downtown.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I took my wife and two small children into this restaurant and we were the only people with kids in there. I wondered if I had made the right choice, but the food was great and the service was fantastic. The owner (Randall) made a point of coming over to talk to the children and made them feel very special.

Steamed buns are fantastic as was the calamari. Kids had short ribs which were nicely cooked. My wife had the chicken which was very nice. Good varied wine list and nice atmosphere.