“HIT THE SPOT”

A W Shucks Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A.W.Shucks is a casual dining seafood restaurant on Market St. In downtown Charleston. Our Chefs source the highest quailty seafood on the market and prepare with much TLC. We guarantee that you will have a great taste of authentic Southern seafood and hospitality. We appreciate all feedback from Trip advisor and will respond privately to reviews.
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

After a brief walking tour in the heavy rain to the Old Slave Mart and the market we decided to have a late lunch at A.W. Shucks. We were focused on seafood and this seemed to be the place which was the most convenient the best recommended. We were not disappointed with the platter we chose: fish, shrimp, scallops and oysters was done to perfection. One of the best she crab soup bowls preceded and bourbon bread pudding topped off a memorable meal. Kevin served us well. The one downside was the wet walk to the car.

There are newer reviews for A W Shucks Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar

Reviewed November 20, 2013

You will see a picture of this place. It's my mistake for not realizing that it's a chain. Hush puppies with the praline butter was the best thing about this meal. I had the seafood casserole with thumbnail size shrimp, scallops, and deviled crab (or should i say stuffing). It was pretty disappointing, had absolutely no flavor. My husband had the jambalaya and he was much happier with his. The server however wasn't that great. Maybe she was having a bad day but she acted like we were bothering her by being there. Eh, you live and learn. One complaint is their area is very dirty and it was a little offsetting, I wondered if we were making a mistake before we were even seated.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I ate lunch here on a recommendation and while the meal was good they were out of the local oysters, which is what I really wanted.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed shucking steamed oysters, oysters on half shell and their oyster shooters--very fresh, good prices.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband ate bucket of Oysters. I had Salmon salad. Both were OK. Location excellent. Service was great. Prices fair.