“Good Experience”

A W Shucks Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A.W.Shucks is a casual dining seafood restaurant on Market St. In downtown Charleston. Our Chefs source the highest quailty seafood on the market and prepare with much TLC. We guarantee that you will have a great taste of authentic Southern seafood and hospitality. We appreciate all feedback from Trip advisor and will respond privately to reviews.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our meal was very good. Husband had seafood platter w/flounder, shrimp, oysters and scallops. While his shrimp and oysters were small and mostly breading, his flounder and especially the scallops were very good. I had deviled crab which was also very good. Hush puppies were yummy. Coleslaw was good and not overwhelmed with dressing. Our server was very attentive.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Every time we go to Charleston, SC we MUST go to AW Shucks! It's not only the food, but the atmosphere. This is one of our favorites!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

While sightseeing in downtown Charleston SC we decided to have a large lunch and then later a lighter supper.... we picked AW Shucks based on reading the menu which was large and varied. My husband and I split an order of fresh shucked oysters -Chesapeake - and I had the Salmon and he had the Fried Seafood Sampler Platter. Food is nicely presented and fresh and tasty. The place is nicely laid out and big, they even have outdoor seating. Our server was Samantha and she was very nice and attentive. I would recommend this eatery to everyone.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good atmosphere in or outside. They have a nice selection of seafood choices and non seafood for those that don't like it. I started with Chesapeake Bay Select oysters 1/2 dozen..very fresh and delicious. My GF got a shrimp cocktail...good size and plump. The main dishes were very good along with the service. Finished it off with a shared Peach Bourbon Bread Pudding which you've got to try...so good!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Super fun place, great wait staff. Nothing fancy here but great seafood & reasonable prices. Make this a must stop place everytime we visit the city. We've never been disappointed. Its not haute cuisine but its darn good. We've never ordered a loser here. Considering the location, some might think it may be a tourist trap. Believe me, you wont be disappointed.