“Crispy flounder is all I can say”
Review of Anson Restaurant

Anson Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Anson Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband loves their crispy flounder and it is delicious. I don't get it because of the bones. I noticed mostly men ordering this meal. I had grouper which had an excellent presentation, although I would have left out the mushrooms, too tough, a little pricey at $38.

1  Thank SueandStu2

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Christmas dinner at Anson was like dining at a take out restaurant in a New York Subway during rush hour. Our table on the second floor was located adjacent to what appeared to be a prep area for the wait staff. They rushed in and out of the door continuously while management chastised anyone who might slow down. This constant distraction did not provide the ambiance we anticipated at this highly rated restaurant. The shrimp and grits appetizer was very good. The whole fish house specialty was the most visually unappealing meal I have ever seen. The turkey dinner was average. Dessert, key lime pie, was overly sweet and left unfinished. Our waitor was excellent, attentive without hovering. Overall, this was not a dining experience we enjoyed.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is one of my very favorites, it is always fabulous, ambiance is always a plus, they try hard to please you always, I have never been
disapointed here.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Love the Fried Okra...the best downtown. The staff is one of the friendliest I have ever encountered and the bar is perfect for a late night cocktail.

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We went on a Thursday night for dinner. I had the pork belly appetizer, a salmon entree, oysters, grits, and the chocolate oblivion.

When I go out to eat, I want something I couldn't or wont make myself. This is a pricey place, but the food is well crafted.

Starting with the bad... The chocolate oblivion was dense and to sweet for me. A friend ordered the banana cream pie and the crust was dry and disappointing.

HOWEVER! the pork belly appetizer was beautifully, beautifully rendered. It was bliss. Really. The salmon was sublime. The grits I can make at home, but I usually order them as a side to see how different places make them. They are flow cooked and creamy.

i can live without dessert.. The meal more than satisfied my craving for well prepared food. We will definitely go back. I wouldn't take my kids, at least in the evening, but it makes a lovely romantic dinner. The server was friendly, albeit a tad sweaty, so maybe they need to turn the air down in the kitchen.

Lovely. Far and away one of my top picks.