“wonderful place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hominy Grill

Hominy Grill
Ranked #32 of 898 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gig Harbor, Washington
“wonderful place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

After we were blown inside by the gale force winds, we were greeted by a very friendly staff. My friends really wanted to go here for the shrimp and grits. Good thing she tried it before ordering. Although fine, grits are like overcooked rice. She was happy to try it, but glad she didn't order the whole thing. Service was excellent and food was great. Make this a "for sure stop", while in Charleston.

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Uptown Grits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Normally when I go out to eat I go for international food.- Food that I don't fix at home. Hominy Grill is close to home food, but face it. I don't cook shrimp and okra beignets or pinto bean cakes, both excellent. If you want the true rating, I was in Charleston for a convention and brought my wife. We liked it so much for dinner that we came back the next day to wait in line for 20-minutes to have lunch. This place is that good.

Visited March 2014
Corona, California
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We finally stopped in and tried this restaurant after walking by it several times and finding it always busy. The restaurant is on Rutledge and easy to walk to. It's clean, staff are friendly, and the food tasty. We loved the dessert - I had their special chocolate pudding which was nothing like Jello pudding - and my boyfriend the warm brownie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.

I don't know if they take reservations so go at off times because it's busy. We went to a late lunch at 2:30 and it was perfect.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I usually refuse to wait in line to eat in a restaurant, but our daughter had been raving about this for years. The wait was only about 20 minutes, and well worth it. I just had appetizers which were wonderful. The fried green tomatoes were perfect, and the goat cheese and pepper jelly with water crackers were something I would definitely order again. My husband had the sautéed chicken livers and collards which he said were the best he had ever tasted. Our daughter had a veggie plate with collards, green beans, and macaroni and cheese (which she said was too good to share). Just wish we lived closer so we could go more often.

Mexico,NY
“Was as good as we were told”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

You can see places to eat on travel shows some times they dont hold up This one did We came for dinner my family of 4 had 4 different meals the big nasty was great in fact all our meals were great the pudding was out of this world good you need to order one clean place nice staff offered ideas for us to do since we were out of towners parking right on location people and food wonderful we will be back felt like home

• Visited December 2013