“Unbelievably delicious!!!”

Ranked #40 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Hominy Grill tonight and were blown away by the food! We both had the Big Nasty Biscuit which is a fried chicken breast sandwich in between a biscuit with cheese and sausage gravy. It was out of this world! As a side I had your basic cheese and grits while my husband had deep fried grits. Both dishes were so tasty! Complimentary boiled peanuts were served as well. The atmosphere and great service made for a delightful dinner!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were here for a rehearsal dinner, found out later it was their firstbut no one could tell. They were perfect. There were 30 guest with numerous servers for the group. The meal was on one ticket but the bar tabs were seperate. Each was perfect.
We had a special menu to choose from with shrimp and grits, must be their speciality because they were outstanding. Another choice was half a fried chick which turned out to be 4 pieces that I couldn't finish.
No complaints from anyone.
I have to give special credit to each of the staff we came in contact with because they could not have been more accommodating. Great job!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

we decided to try things we had not had before and were very happy we did. The shrimp, mushrooms on cheese grits was perfect. Every bite of the salmon cakes with poached eggs was delish. It was a busy Sunday noon but we were seated within 15 min. and waited on quickly. Pleasant staff. Noisy but the activity was positive.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had a nice breakfast, grits are a plus. We beat the line primarily because there were only 2 of us. I'd like to go back for lunch or dinner. Sausage gravy was bland, but sausage was a plus. Lots of tourists, but still worth a visit

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My Husband and I stopped into the Hominy Grill while visiting Charleston from Trip Advisor recommendations and I am glad we did. We had lunch and defintely recommend it. My husband had the shrimp and grits; I had the Fried Green Tomato BLT. Both were very good. I asked the waitress to suggest to me a side with the BLT since there were so many to choose from and I am pleased with her recommendation - squash casserole - very delicious. Nextt time we are in the area we will definitely return. think we will be ordering the Daily Vegetable (a choice of 4 sides and cornbread) as our lunch since they all sounded so tasty.