“Fabulous meal, superb service”

Hank's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hank's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 898 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church
Description: Located one block from the Charleston City Market in the heart of the Historic District, Hank's Seafood Restaurant has been Voted Best Seafood Restaurant in Charleston for 16 consecutive years. Hank's Seafood is housed in a beautifully restored 100-year-old warehouse and serves the best and freshest seafood with an emphasis on local recipes. The lively community table is very popular with solo travelers.
“Fabulous meal, superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We were in Charleston for a week and ate at Hank's twice because we loved it so much. The shrimp and grits were amazing. The wait staff were a delight. The restaurant is beautiful to look at and relax in as well. Don't miss this treat.

1 Thank Laurabaldschun
hanksseafood, General Manager at Hank's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We loved seeing you two nights in a row during your visit to Charleston! Thank you so much for your repeat business. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you when you return.

Corvallis
“One of the best seafood restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I had two of the best seafood dinners we have ever had. The restaurant is built into an old warehouse type building. It has an elegant, rustic feel. A lot of charm and very comfortable. The service was excellent, courteous and the wait for our meals seemed short compared with the amazing meal we were served. This is a great place.

• Visited January 2014
Wonderful! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your time with us. The Team at Hank's looks forward to serving you again very soon. Thank you!
Gainesville, FL
“Very good food, a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The food was great... no doubt about it. It was our first visit and the food was five stars. I only rated it a four because I'd give the prices a 2-3 star rating. I'm perfectly fine paying for high quality food but they are a bit outrageous. I guess when you have been around so long and have a reputation, it is OK to inflate your prices above a fair level. Service was great... they have you packed in like sardines though... had tables about two feet away on both sides. It was very loud because of it.

We truly appreciate your feedback, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal. While we are slightly more expensive than other seafood restaurants in town, we guarantee the we serve fresher, and better executed dishes with service and ambiance that are second to none. We invite you back to join us for dinner, and we will make sure that everything is flawless. Thank you again for dining with us, and please let us know what we can do for you in the future!
Dallas, Texas
“Great dinner at Hank's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hubby and I went to Hank's on our weekend in Charleston. There are many food choices in this beautiful city and we're glad we chose this restaurant. Their She Crab Soup was so out-of-this-world it was like a religious experience. I ordered a fried seafood platter and every single thing in it was delicious. My husband's swordfish was excellent too. Order the lemon pie for dessert, you won't regret it. Our server was extremely helpful and professional, the restaurant was busy but still felt cozy and my pineapple mojito from the bar was fantastic. This was one of the best experiences I've had at a restaurant, so next time I go to Charleston, I'm stopping at Hank's first!

• Visited January 2014
Fantastic! We excitedly anticipate your next visit. The Team is pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and we can't wait to serve you again soon. Thank you!
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Best place in Charleston-Hands Down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have visited Charleston many times and Hanks is the best place in town!

Hanks is my pick for an every trip visit as the food and service is impeccable. The 2 times I have visited, both meals were the best I have ever had! Hanks has an outstanding wine list and they make you feel at home.
I am urging anyone who is reading this to try Hanks at least once so you can understand what I am talking about! You won’t be disappointed as this place is phenomenal.

I also urge you to make a reservation as the place is busy, even throughout the weekdays.

• Visited January 2014
Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoy our restaurant! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. We look forward to serving you again when you return to Charleston!