“Be prepare to wait!”

Ranked #64 of 916 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Kitchen 208 is a breakfast and lunch restaurant in the heart of downtown historic Charleston. Kitchen 208 features a whimsical menu with pastries, Southern breakfast entrees, sandwiches, salads, coffee, wine and local beer. Relax inside our beautifully renovated 100-year-old dining room or our shaded street side. Great fare, fresh air: served daily at 208 King Street.
“Be prepare to wait!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Came in around 1 pm on a Sunday. The food was ok, but it took around 30 minutes to get a salad and a turkey wrap. The table next to us waited over an hour for their food. Find somewhere else to go, not worth the wait.

OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Kitchen 208, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We are very sorry that you had such a long wait during Sunday Brunch on King Street’s Second Sunday. It brought a large crowd to the restaurant and we did not anticipate having so many guests. We have addressed this issue by making sure we additional staff on Second Sunday. Your feedback is appreciated as we work to improve our customer experience. We do hope that you will visit us again.

Sincerely, Richard Widman, Marc Collins and Mark Severs, Co-Owners

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Sunday Drink Specials”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We didn't have food here but we did sit on the patio with our dog this past Sunday. Also they had $4 bloody's and mimosa. Great deal for downtown Charleston and dog friendly!!

• Visited October 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Perfect for breakfast, great variety, great coffee.”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were in Charleston to visit the college and my wife and daughter grabbed a menu while they were shopping,shopping, and more shopping. We had breakfast the next morning and it was great. Lauren our cashier was very friendly and accommodating. When I asked for extra okra and tomatoes instead of grits it was a cheerful, no problem. They do an excellent job on the okra and tomatoes, by the way.

Chicago, Illinois
“Nice breakfast”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Enjoyed our breakfast here more than Toast. Go figure?!?!? Everything was quite good especially the potatoes. Had a very pleasant time without all the crowds.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Vastly Improved, Highly Recommend”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I visited Kitchen 208 a couple of months ago and was greatly disappointed. After hearing that they had rolled out a new and improved menu, we decided to keep an open mind and give it another shot. I am so glad we did! The chefs and management of this new establishment have definitely stepped up their game, making them much stronger contenders in the downtown culinary scene.
Both trips I took were for Sunday brunch. This time, I ordered one of the new selections: The Cobblestone. I was blown away with the creative and highly successful pairing of flavors in this breakfast sandwich. It includes egg, candied bacon, and gruyere cheese, among other ingredients, and I cannot wait to have it again.
The cinnamon rolls are also greatly improved and I basically had a love affair with mine right there at the table.
The mimosas--a point of contention during our last visit--were spot on this time.
In addition, my entree was accompanied by a side of fruit, vastly improving the presentation as well as the overall impression of fair value for my meal.
I am pleased to be able to highly recommend this establishment to friends and customers. Big thanks to Matt (the manager) and the kitchen staff for completely changing my mind about this restaurant!

1 Thank christiec03