“Nice feel, good food, and unique”
Review of Kitchen 208

Kitchen 208
Ranked #62 of 926 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Kitchen 208 is a breakfast and lunch restaurant in the heart of downtown historic Charleston. Kitchen 208 features a whimsical menu with pastries, Southern breakfast entrees, sandwiches, salads, coffee, wine and local beer. Relax inside our beautifully renovated 100-year-old dining room or our shaded street side. Great fare, fresh air: served daily at 208 King Street.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice feel, good food, and unique”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've lived in charleston for almost nine years and i'm also a tour guide in the city. I love this place. heard about it and being a tour guide i love new spots to tell my people on tour about. i just found a great new spot with kitchen 208! I love sitting outside and this place has the best street side patio seating in charleston. The heat can keep most from eating outside in the summer but kitchen 208 has great breezes cause of the way the buildings around it are placed. I love the fact that you order your food and they bring it to you. It is simple and easy. I thought the food might be simple and easy as well. It was and wasn't. I got the beef brisket sandwich and was very impressed. A sandwich in my eyes is simple food but the flavor and quality cannot be described as simple. The meat was tender and the flavor was most memorable. I also was impressed with the timeliness in which the food came. I needed to get to work so I wasn't interested in making a long sit down meal. After ordering the food it was out within 10 minutes and they were packed inside and out. i'm excited to go back for breakfast and if you want a spot next to the market for lunch with good outside seating, food, and service this is the new spot. i'll report on breakfast after I go.

“Great new spot!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great new restaurant on King St. Lunch was great, the only problem was having to choose between all the items on the menu. I sat on the patio overlooking King St and it was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations. I can't wait to go back and try their breakfast menu as well.

“Fair”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Food was fair. We had a yogurt parfait one day and it tasted fresh and good. Ordered again when we returned 2days later and seemed spoiled. It was just not the same. Atmosphere is nice for a breakfast / lunch place but food is fair.

Visited June 2013
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Kitchen 208, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We appreciate your review of our new restaurant Kitchen 208. As we work towards bettering our customer experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are glad that both of your recent experiences were positive overall, but are very sorry to learn of the inconsistencies with the Bridge Runner. As our team makes improvements, we hope that you will give the restaurant another try.

Sincerely, Richard Widman, Mark Severs, Marc Collins, Co-Owners
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our lunch was delicious at Kitchen 208. We ate on their outdoor patio, it was very pleasant and the atmosphere was friendly. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to return for breakfast and we weren't disappointed. Our waffles were delicious, served with honeysuckle butter and berry compote on top. We look forward to returning to Kitchen 208 when we visit Charleston again.

Visited June 2013
Abbeville, South Carolina
“Really nice for breakfast.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We walked by and hadn't noticed this place before...new? They are open early on Sunday for breakfast (no "brunch only"). You order at the counter and they bring it to your table. A wide variety of things for breakfast. Everything we had was great. The lunch menu looked interesting, too. The outside dining area is nicely shaded. We'll eat here again.