“Sorry Matadorey”

Ranked #308 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: 3 Matadors Tequileria is a unique Mexican Restaurant in West Ashley, South Carolina. We offer FRESH and LOCAL shrimp in all of our dishes - tacos, salads, fajitas, burritos, nachos, etc. We have a delicious selection of tequila, and an extraordinary drink menu to go along with that. We offer outdoor seating on our large front deck, and live music on the weekends.
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
“Sorry Matadorey”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I could probably overlook the shabbiness of the upholstery, unattractive paint scheme ( green, orange, black, brown ) amateruish signage and relative dreariness of the interior ( patio is sunlit and open-aired in contrast) if the repast was decent. We ordered different entree salads and pushed boh aside before we half finished them. NOT fresh chicken, and the southwestern was ruined by an ingredient decidedly " gone bad." The highlight of the disappointing business lunch was trying to decipher just what tidbit it was!
The margaritas were very good on the first visit, but stuck to water this time, one more try and you're out!

• Visited July 2014

Summerville, South Carolina
“Trifecta of perfection”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Heard about this restaurant from a co-worker and they couldn't have been more spot on. Decor, service and food were all perfect. I had the matador, and mahi mahi tacos on corn tortillas. They allow you to choose between flour and corn, which is nice for all of us that have a gluten issue. The bill was very reasonable for the amount of food and drinks we had. In closing our server gave us the typical have a good night, but not very often do you hear, "it was my pleasure serving you and hope to see you all soon." From beginning to end, 3 matadors did everything outstanding. I will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014
Callicoon, New York
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband, son and I were in town visiting family and friends and our friend suggested we go to dinner at this restaurant. I was craving Mexican food so I thought it'd be a good idea. Boy was I wrong. First there was no hostess at the front to tell us where to sit. We finally just sat down at the table by the door and we still weren't served. I had to go back to the door and wait for someone to notice me. Finally someone came and gave us menus. Then our waiter came and took forever with our order. I ordered the steak fajitas. They were not seasoned very well and I did not finish them. I would not recommend this restaurant. Oh and we went on a Tuesday night when it was not busy at all.

• Visited April 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“holy tacos & tequila!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you are a tequila lover this is the place to be! 70 varieties and yummy margaritas to boot. Amazing mahi tacos and the sweet & spicy pork ones too. the grilled seasoned corn & pineapple rice were nice also. Love their light airy nacho chips and super fresh and yummy salsa.

Visited May 2014
Charlotte
“Outstanding Mexican Fare”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were wonderfully surprised at the quality of food served. We both had tacos and they were done to perfection. The service was super-friendly - all in all - a great experience.

• Visited November 2013