“A bar pretending to be a restaurant.”

3 Matadors Tequileria
Ranked #300 of 933 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: 3 Matadors Tequileria is a unique Mexican Restaurant in West Ashley, South Carolina. We offer FRESH and LOCAL shrimp in all of our dishes - tacos, salads, fajitas, burritos, nachos, etc. We have a delicious selection of tequila, and an extraordinary drink menu to go along with that. We offer outdoor seating on our large front deck, and live music on the weekends.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Food and service compete to see which is worst. The food really looks like something you would get at a 7-11. The wait staff will come take your order, someone else brings it, then the wait staff brings you a check. They don't dare ask how things were.

1  Thank madisonoles1
There are newer reviews for 3 Matadors Tequileria

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Food as always was great. I have been to this place many times and have always had a great experience sitting at the tables/booths. Tonight it was busy, but not packed, so we decided to sit at the bar so we could watch the Braves game. The bartender, Travis I believe, was not good at all. The patron next to us waited 20-30 minutes for another beer and appetizer before the bartender even noticed and he didn't even seem to care. We also waited for a good 20 minutes before putting in our order for food. This is a great place to grab some beers and a bite to eat but think it was just this one bartender that kind of ruined the night. Everyone else that we have dealt with at this establishment has been great.

1  Thank Brmaag
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was craving a decent margarita after a week in Charleston. Taco Boy failed miserably and I was weary of another attempt before I headed back to my native Austin. But 3 Matadors was a pleasant surprise.

I ordered a Herradura Silver margarita, on the rocks. There wasn't a trace of that nasty sweet and sour mix and it tasted very fresh-lime juice, tequila, and triple sec. My only complaint was there was too much ice. I did like that they use the Sonic-like ice. I'd never seen that before.

We only had drinks and chips and queso. The queso blanco was decent, and tasted similar to what I can get at home. I was assured it was vegetarian, I just wish it was denoted on the menu. The salsa was great.

Now, about the service. We got the aloof hipster bartender as our server. All the other ones seemed friendly, but he was a typical hipster and had the attitude to match. Could have been better. Maybe I should have told him I was from Austin, a hipster capital, to lighten him up. Oh well.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Went here Friday night with a group of four for happy hour and dinner...We all had something different and everyone loved their food. It came out together, and was hot and tasted delicious. They have cucumber margaritas which are amazing. Very fresh. The staff was very attentive and kept our drinks full and replaced as needed. The owner was there and stopped by and chatted with us also which was really nice too. This is definitely a welcome addition to the West Ashley area where it's really hard to find a good food w/ a good atmosphere to go with it. I'm sure they'll do well in the location and we'll definitely be back soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stopped here twice when touring the nearby plantations. This is a newer establishment, and I have to say that we did not meet friendlier management and staff during our Charleston visit. Our favorite food item was the blackened Mahi bites appetizer - excellent!