“Perfect bar if you're looking for bad service”
Review of Mueller's Pub

Mueller's Pub
Ranked #628 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, German, Pub
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I do not live in West Ashley, but I have been to this location a handful of times. The staffing at this spot is hit-or-miss, and definitely defines whether or not it's an enjoyable visit, or a waste of time and money. They've had bartenders behind the bar that can't figure out how to make a Bloody Mary, and at other times they've had a bartender who's so proficient he's asking if I want another as he sees me pick up my beer with a few sips left. The bar owner has a dress code that does not take into consideration that this is a beach town. Don't even think about stopping in for a drink after coming from Folly, German hospitality does not apply to beach attire.

If you're searching for a bar full of regulars, with a douche owner, this is the spot for you.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

went in to Muellers the other day, was driving through town and stayed at the town & Country inn so they recommended this place to me. I ordered the wings and asked the bartender what his specialty was drink wise. I ended up with a wonderful Amaretto sour that exceeded my expectations. service and atmosphere made for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This pub has gone through massive changes since I've been coming here. German's tend to pride themselves on excellence and attention to detail. Alex, the owner, exhibits both qualities. The food is quality and the service is "wonderbar". The bar is best one off Sam ritt for sure. I think the thing I like most about mullers is the confidence and execution in with how they serve food and drinks. Now truth be known there isn't a waiting staff so you have to go to the bar for service. This is fine as that the atmosphere is friendly enough getting service isn't a problem.

1  Thank Chad G
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We frequent many of the local restaurants. On two occasions we tried Mueller's Pub and ended out walking out on both occasions due to no one even acknowledging our presence.

We thought that perhaps the first time was just odd and maybe a lack of help. Both times we sat at the high top tables and waited for approximately 10 minutes. No one ever came to take our order or even acknowledge our existence either time. We were in easy view of the bar and bartender but. It appeared that only the regulars (very few) were getting the attention. I certainly would never give this place a third try, I will take my money elsewhere to a restaurant/bar that cares about attracting new customers.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Best German Pub in Charleston!! This is a nice place to relax with locals. The afternoon crowd is usually regulars and the weekend evenings there is usually live music!! The food is great try the Schnitzel!!

1  Thank Housold