“Great Easter Fishing Trip”

Charleston Inshore Fishing Charters Grey Ghost
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Easter Fishing Trip”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I took my dad out fishing while we were staying in Kiawah for Easter. After doing some research, I settled on hiring Captain Tucker for our inshore expedition -- and I couldn't have made a better choice. It was unseasonably cold the day we went out (low 50's), as well as a bit early in the season so we focused on searching out red drum. Not much searching was necessary since Captain Tucker knew all the spots to hit. Both my dad and I had a blast reeling in some nice fish...and I didn't have to rely on my phone to photograph the proof, as the good Captain had quite the impressive camera to document our haul. My dad and I had a great time, and I would hesitate to hire Tucker again next time I am down in the Charleston area.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Pago77

West Jefferson, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cakalacka Bass Yaker invades the Low Country.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This report is a little delayed, sorry Captian Blythe!
Our trip with Grey Ghost Charters was over a year in the making. Either the weather or schedules eclipsed our plans. I had hoped to surprise my wife with a Valentines Day present of catching her first redfish and even that as pushed back another week. Finally the planets and stars lined up and we headed to Charleston.
I have to tell you this Captain works hard for his money. His knowledge of the area is second to none. His boat was always positioned to intercept and take advantage of the large schools of spooky redfish. He took us to his "honey holes" as other fisherman were scouting the area for an up coming tournament. I think some guides would have held back, but he didn't! He proved to me his customers come first.
He showed great patience with us as we were totally out of our environment. We used our own equipment and tried different techniques with great success. When I broke out some of my favorite bass lures, I am sure he thought to himself, "oh boy"! But he encouraged and coached us the whole time, refreshing!
We have to thank you for a awesome adventure and this won't be our only trip together!
Scott & Tammy

Visited February 2013
1 Thank CakalakaBassYaker
Oak Island, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Fishing Despite the Weather”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

It was early March, the wind was blowing and it was cold. But Capt. Tucker Blythe showed me lots of redfish. They were where he said they would be. When the wind let up enough to make a reasonable cast with a fly rod, we hooked two very nice fish in short order and should have caught a third had I been a better fly caster. Then the wind picked up again. He was recommended by a good friend and I would fish with Capt. Tucker at Grey Ghost again any day of the week. He knows the water around Georgetown which is very tricky and he knows the fish, even though his home waters are in the Charleston area. He has a comfortable boat and some great rods, though I used my own most of the time. He is fun to be with on the water, to boot. You can't go wrong fishing with him. It was a great day on the water.
Coregonus, Oak Island, NC

Visited March 2013
Princeton, West Virginia
“World Class Fishing Guide”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have had the pleasure of fishing with Tuck many times in the past few years. He is very personable, knowledgable and resourceful. No one will work harder to get you on fish. He has guided trips for me and my wife, my father, my friends, and my teenage sons (varying in ability from beginner to expert) and has made them all feel comfortable. He is a very versatile guide with regard to techniques and species, but for my money he is "hands down" the best fly fishing guide in the Low Country (not to mention an excellent photographer)

Visited January 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A fishing experience you can count on!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've fished with Tucker a number of times with friends and family and you can always count on having a terrific day! If something isn't working, he jumps to something else--a new bait, a new artificial, or a different presentation. You'll find the fish if they are there. He's also a great photographer and you'll enjoy the memories. Check out the videos on his website!

He has taught me a lot about how to fish these low country waters and I use him whenever I can. You'll be proud to recommend him to your friends!

Visited October 2012