“Pizza as good as the "real thing"”
Review of Crust

Crust
Ranked #156 of 932 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am a very fussy pizza eater. I only like the pizza they serve at one place downtown. This new eatery on James Island is a true delight. My poor spouse had to listen to me ranting on about how the Margarita Pizza we ordered tasted like the pizza we had at a little cafe accross from the Colosseum in Rome. Only negative I can see is that once word gets out the place will be packed. Wish they would open one West of the Ashley.

There are newer reviews for Crust

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Absolutely love this place!! We live nearby and go to Crust about once a week (completely addicted) and have never been disappointed. All the food is great, not just the pizza. They have hearty pasta dishes, sandwiches, and some really tasty salads and soups such as ribollita. Daily specials and charcuterie. It's on the smaller side so tends to get a little crowded on weekends, but we've never had to wait for longer than 20 minutes for a table. Wonderful service, I see the same faces over and over again and they are always friendly. They have great house wine and local beers on tap, as well.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have been waiting to try Crust... and never seemed to have the opportunity as EVO in N. Charleston is (was!) our favorite pizza haunt. And shame on us for waiting so awfully long... because it was rather amazing.. To start we shared a large caesar salad which came out crisp and with JUST the right amount of dressing. Next we moved to the pizza. Ordered the Bianca and the Butternut Squash and were fighting over both... the slightly charred edges of the crust were cooked to perfection...and just the right amount of toppings... if I had to muster up a complaint it would be that our preference would have been for smaller chunks of butternut squash... but nothing that a knife and fork couldn't take care of for us and hardly worth a mention. We can't wait to try the panini sandwiches and the gnocci.... Congrats Crust on finally bringing GOOD pizza to James Island... and we'll very soon be considering ourselves regulars...:)

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Planned to take my wife to dinner and a movie but just ended up being dinner after having to wait to be seated. Ultimately she was ok with that because we had a nice dinner. We split a beet salad, she had shrimp pizza and I had bolognese. Everything was very good. We would go again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Pizza and appetizers were bland at best. Everything was under spiced and had no real flavor. Very disappointed.

2  Thank Steve C