“Great Burgers and Service!”
Review of The Sloppy cow - CLOSED

The Sloppy cow
Description: The Sloppy Cow is a great neighborhood burger joint on James Island serving “legendary” stuffed hamburgers. While handcrafted burgers are our specialty, our soups, salads, and huge sandwiches are superb. We have craft beer on tap, a nice wine list, and the coldest bottles in town. We invite you to come to the Sloppy Cow and learn why we believe “it’s what’s on the inside that counts.”
Seven Hills, Ohio
“Great Burgers and Service!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Have been wanting to come to the sloppy cow. So glad that we did. We came for an early dinner, so we beat the rush. Knew from other people that the hamburgers are HUGE so my sister-in-law and I split an order, we got the cowabella. It was more than enough for the 2 of us. The guys got their own and barely finished theirs. Plus when we sat down they gave us two bowls of friend seasoned wontons. Very tasty plus complementary from the chef they gave us an order of Tomato pie, sounds gross but it was so good, we fought who was going to get the last bite! Our waitress was very attentive and kept our glasses full and asked if we needed anything. Needless to say we will be back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sharon S

Little River, South Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST hamburgers in Charleston”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The best hamburger in Charleston. Unusual toppings and fillings, if you do not see what you want on the menu, just ask. They will make it. Daily soup choices and clean friendly restaurant. A great place to eat.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank WaterwayLady117
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been here twice now and have very mixed feelings. I love the atmosphere and the service is always good but I am just not crazy about the food. I will say it's called the sloppy cow for a reason. If you like greasy food then you probably will like it. If your like me and eat halfway healty probably not the place for you.

• Visited October 2013
Ravenel, South Carolina
“food excellent”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We met friends here for lunch MOnday. Hamburgers are terrific but be prepared for lots of napkins! I had the Smokin Cow and when i went to flatten it so I could get it in my mouth, it shot the "guts" all over my plate and on to my friend! My husband had the Recovery burger and talk about "heart attack on a plate", but that's what makes them so good. I can only eat here about once every 6 months becuase of the fat,calories, carbs! All the good stuff! Would highly recommend to anyone who loves a good burger!
Wait time from the kitchen was alot longer than should have been and not sure why since there were only 2 other tables occupied. Maybe the kitchen was short handed for a Monday? But we had a bit of extra time, so it was not critical.

• Visited September 2013
Lexington, SC
“Awesome Burgers!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stopped here on the way back to Columbia, after a day of fishing and beach going. We were a party of nine (6 teenagers and 3 adults). We had a great feeling walking in, everyone was very welcoming and cheerful.
Our waiter was great, the menu had a nice selection of a variety of foods. Of course, their specialty are burgers (stuffed with a large variety of cheeses and other ingredients). We all order different burgers and were so very delighted that all of our food was excellent!
The teens were so pleased that they marveled about their food and said it was the best burger...ever! The french fries were just perfect and we even ordered some of their desserts, which complemented their delicious burgers. We can not express how wonderful our dinner including dessert was and what a delight for everything to turn out so wonderfully!
The kids still talk about the burgers and want to eat there the next time we are in Charleston. We recommend this restaurant for any occasion and cannot wait to return!

• Visited July 2013