“Neat place to eat an unusual sandwich”
Review of Persimmon Cafe

Persimmon Cafe
Ranked #132 of 933 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Persimmon is a causal cafe offering gourmet sandwiches & paninis, as well as homemade sides, soups & hand spun custards. With quality ingredients and genuine hospitality we aim to give Charleston a unique cafe experience. We are located just blocks away from King St, MUSC (Medical University of South Carolina) & CofC (College of Charleston).
Reviewed May 6, 2014

It was delicious; get the lemonade. The sandwiches are a little strange but exciting. Don't expect much seating.

There are newer reviews for Persimmon Cafe

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I am a huge fan of persimmon and absolutely love everything on their menu and you can not beat their chai tea! However as of late I have had some pretty poor experiences mainly in the customer service department (perhaps its the new management? Young guy glasses curly hair). It honestly pains me because persimmon in my mind has always had the friendliest staff and the best service so hopefully this problem can be rectified. Overall Persimmon is a must try and I hope to see the service get back to where it should be. The owner Robert is awesome!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had to convince my wife to go to this place because it was located in a laundry mat. If you have a chance to go, go here! The sandwiches are UNIQUE and EXCELLENT. The place certainly under promises and over delivers. The manager spoke with us and is a really nice, easy going guy. He told us the laundry mat is not affiliated in any way with the cafe. The owner found the affordable space available through Craig's List and the rest is history. This place has only been there for 14 months but is certainly taking off. I had the crab sandwich ($13) which was stuffed full of crab meat, and my wife had the zuchini panini ($7) which was superb. Excellent meal with a unique experience in Charleston!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Today wasn't the first time I'd gone to Persimmon Cafe, but it had been a few months, so it was time. What a treat. I know it will seem odd to find such a great cafe in a laundry mat, but don't be put off by that. The food is great and the staff is fun and service-oriented. The menu is wonderful with lots of options in the soup, salad, and sandwich categories. The "adult grilled cheese" is wonderful: gooey cheese, apple slices, and prosciutto on focaccia. My friend had a veggie sandwich of grilled zucchini and loved it.
Free refills on my iced coffee! The price is right, the vibe is good, and the food is really worth stopping by to taste.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

When I got into Charleston, I checked into the B&B and immediately looked for a place to eat. Thanks to Yelp (once again) it led me to the most unique of cafes. Persimmon Cafe is located within a huge laundromat which is really just genius! I didn't need to do any laundry but you bet if I was, I'd be thrilled to be able to sit for a snack. Seating is along the windows so you get to look out while you eat / charge your phone / laptop / gadget.

I ordered the basil lemonade, grilled cheese sandwich, and tomato soup. The lemonade was really delicious and refreshing. The grilled cheese & tomato soup were okay. I was hoping that I'd die at first bite because of the high ratings but I was hungry and was happy to have a hot meal after my early morning flight.

The staff are exceptional! The really cute guy walked around to check in on the diners to make sure they had everything they needed. I needed a ton of extra stuff... hot sauce, water, napkins, etc. and found myself to be pretty annoying. He graciously got all of the mentioned with a kind smile. I really appreciate that kind of service.