“Great fishing experience with a great guide”

Marsh Maven Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round inshore fishing charters and guide service for redfish, sea trout and flounder. Light tackle and fly fishing. USCG certified captain. Half and full day trips. All experience levels welcome.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I are frequent visitors to Charleston, but have not fished the area We found Marsh Maven on line and any apprehensions we had quickly vanished. Captain Dave met us at the landing with first rate equipment and an instructive and easy going manner. Caught some nice sized "reds" with my wife catching the largest "beast" (of course). Captain Dave put us in the hunt and on the fish. Thank you Captain Dave. We will be fishing with you again in October!

There are newer reviews for Marsh Maven Fishing Charters

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My son and I went on our first inshore charter trip with Captain David Lane and had an epic day of fishing. David not only provided us with excellent pointers on how to fish the Charleston waters, but put us on fish everywhere we went. We caught 2 good size flounder and 8 redfish, 7 of which we're huge. Also, he demonstrated his boating skills in getting us back safe and sound in a pretty intense rain storm. We finished the trip with David helping clean the flounder that we brought home and giving us some great cooking tips which led to a wonderful flounder dinner. David is a nice guy and a really good guide. I'd highly recommend Marsh Maven to anyone looking for a great fishing trip.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Fished yesterday on the Wando River with an outstanding guide, Captain David Lane. The trip started slow with no bites, but Captain David was determined to find fish and put us on the bite. Captain Lane used his many years of experience and knowledge to not only find fish but put us on some big “Reds”. You could not ask for a nicer guide who is willing and patient to teach you the correct way to fish and how to catch big Reds. He has a first class “Flats-Boat” that is great to fish off of allowing plenty of room to work and very stable. You could not find a better guide or better experience than fishing with Captain David Lane of Marsh Haven Inshore Charters.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I spent a very enjoyable June morning fishing with David Lane. We hopped aboard a short time before sunrise, and it was a delight watching the sun break the horizon with water and salt marsh and forest on all sides. David provided the poles and bait and advice (and bug spray and drinks). We landed four nice-sized red drum after energetic fights that included clambering around the boat and a fair amount of line being stripped off the reel. Very fun! We released three of the fish and packed the smallest, a hearty 18-incher, on ice to bring home. The fishing was great, the scenery was gorgeous, the boat was very well suited for inshore fishing, and David was excellent company. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My son(11 years old) and I took our first fishing charter together and it couldn't have gone any better. Capt. Lane was awsome with my son, he made him feel like he could do no wrong. We were able to fish at serveral spots and caught different types of fish throughout the charter. When it was over and we got into our car the first thing my son said to me was "What a nice person Capt Lane" that sums up are charter. We will be scheduling another trip in the fall.