“Unparalleled fishing experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marsh Maven Fishing Charters

Marsh Maven Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round inshore fishing charters and guide service for redfish, sea trout and flounder. Light tackle and fly fishing. USCG certified captain. Half and full day trips. All experience levels welcome.
“Unparalleled fishing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

If you'd like a relaxing yet successful fishing trip definitely seek out the assistance of David Lane Marsh Maven fishing charters. He made my sister and feel very comfortable from the time we got on the boat until we stepped off! With utmost professionalism and immense fishing knowledge we were very successful in our fishing endeavors and even surprised at how enjoyable every minute was of our 4 hr trip! Whether you are an expert fisher or a novice beginner, David at marsh maven is sure to meet every expectation!!

Visited May 2013

“Redfish excursion 4/25/2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Had a wedding to attend in charleston and was going to be down there for a coue days so my girlfriend and I decided to do a little fishing and experience charleston. I am an AVID angler and have caught many saltwater and freshwater fish in the northeast but had never caught a redfish. Talked to a couple charters in the charleston but captain David definitely stuck out when we first spoke. Talked about possible gameplans and approaches as my girlfriend is not as advanced as myself and was very excited. Needless to say I chose marsh maven and was very happy with my choice. Picked us up in mt. Pleasant and hit the water. Cant begin to say how friendly and fun it was to fish with david. Broke down what we were going to do, watched some dolphins and then took OFF! Ended the day with 9 reds and two trout in just the few hours. Of course the girlfriend caught the three biggest, with the largest going 27" and pushing 10 lbs. the day was filled with a lot of smiles and a lot of laughs. David really has this down, especially when you're fishing a 300 yard stretch of bank, and you are the only boat catching fish. if you would like to have a relaxing and fun fishing adventure, and most importantly catch fish, definitely give captain David of marsh maven a call. I would absolutely 100 percent recommend fishing with him.

Summerville, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Husband and Wife Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wow! What a great time. Capt. David Lane was fantastic. Got us on fish quick. Helped with everything. Met us at Remley Point Landing and from there it was easy. Capt. Lane knows the area very well and is a master at working a boat around the docks. Fish on all the time. Very approachable and professional. Would highly recommend.

Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent day of fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My daughter and I chartered a 1/2 day of fishing on April 9th, 2013. We met David Lane, our guide, around noon at Remley Point Landing in Mt Pleasant. He was on time with his boat, equipment, and bait. He offered options as to what type of fish were currently biting and asked us what what we would like ot pursue. We chose to try some creek fishing for trout and then some flats fishing for redfish. We lwft the dock and headed for a creek on Daniel Island. Within 20 minutes we were casting artificial bait for trout and I hooked up the first one within 10 minutes. We coaught about 6 trout in about an hour and a half and decided to see if we could get a redfish to bite, as the trout bite slowed down. We left the oyster beds and changed to live bait around some dock structures to no avail. David decided that it might be best to go back across the main body of the Wando River to some flats where he felt some redfish schools may be moving around. Although we saw quite a few redfish we could not get them to bite. My daughter finally pitched her live mud minnow on to a shallow flat per David's direction and hooked up. The fish was a 28", approx. 12 lb bruiser, that took off like a rocket. She had to walk around the boat three times as the fish fought furiously. After about 15 minutes the fish finally relented and was landed. David asked if we wanted to continue fishing but by then the sun was begining to take it's toll. Although David had sunscreen available for us, we decided that we had succeeded in our pursuit and called it a day. The ride back to Remleys Point was about 20 minutes and we had a great time. All in all the experience was a blast and David was a slilled guide with great knowledge of the area and very personable. The one thing that impessed me most was the fact that he offered to help us with everything, from baiting hooks to landing the fish, he had no problem with us performing these tasks on our own, in our own way, just like it was our own boat and equipment. Even though the bite on that day was not spectacular, the personality and skills of David made it a great experience.

1 Thank naz143210