“Very eclectic menu”
Review of Rutledge Cab Co.

Rutledge Cab Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Rutledge Cab Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 916 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
LADSON
“Very eclectic menu”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This place was recommended by some friends. I thought it was an older restaurant but it is fairly new, about a year. The building is old and used to be a cab company. The insides are really well done. The menu is rather eclectic. They have lamb which is not done a lot here and we have missed it. My friend had the roast lamb sabdwich, I had the brisket and Poblano chile chesse burger.
It was quite good. The french fries were quite crispy. A side of onion and pickles is with each sandwich; my friend pronounced them wonderful. Wait staff was very helpful in helping us move through the extensive menu for lunch. I was disappointed they had removed the oyster frittata from the menu. They need to update their website because there were some things they do not make anymore, but I asked if they made their own pimento cheese and they do. She brought us a sample and it was quite good. This will make a good place to eat lunch near downtown.

• Visited March 2014

basking ridge ny
“hard to rate!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have eaten here nine or ten times...and we always sit at the bar as it is just the two of us..so I want to really exalt the bar servers they are outstanding!!! We have ALWAYS had a great meal, great drink, and great time. That said, I have been expounding about how great it is and took 5 other family/friends for lunch.
The food was bad...onion soup with no soup..a rare burger served cooked like a hockey puck and the management after being told and shown the burger offer to take HALF the price off....hello!! Our waitress was one of the types who if they don't look at you and ignore you they don't have to wait on you...this made me so sad.
So I really do love the place ...the moral of the story is the bartenders are not only great at bar tending but customer attention and food service too!!!!

• Visited March 2014
South Carolina
“So-so to no”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I was a fan the first time here, but a few more visits has made me less so. First of all,there is a pattern with the bar under-pouring cocktails. This is one of those annoying things that customers hate complaining about, lest they seem lush-like. The kitchen turns out fair food, but if they were further down town, they would have to up their game. And managers are pleasant but seem a few beats behind. All in all, we have too many other options to come back any time soon.

Visited March 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Love this place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We live only a few blocks from the Cab Company, and when they started renovations of the place, we were really excited about something so close to us. Our excitement only grew when we tried it for the first time. The parking lot is full (actually goes to overflow parking down the street) every single night. Once you taste the food you will see why. I highly recommend the fried cheese curds and the Reuben is amazing. Sitting outside even when it is cold is great because they close it up and have heaters to make for a great atmosphere. You cant go wrong with this place.

• Visited January 2014
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Cheese Fondue? Yes please!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Recently a couple friends and I enjoyed drinks and a couple appetizers at the Rutledge Cab Co. Fantastic. Fun atmosphere, friendly bartender and funky food. We tried the southern fried sweetbreads and the cheese fondue--what a fun appetizer to share! I look forward to spending a few more evenings hanging out at the indoor outdoor bar and enjoying their great food and drink.

• Visited February 2014