“Best French Fries in Charleston !”
Review of Rutledge Cab Co.

Rutledge Cab Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Rutledge Cab Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 926 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
goose creek
“Best French Fries in Charleston !”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The culinary delights in Charleston are spectacular with so many different options. But for a real treat try the Rutledge Cab Co . Yes it was once a cab depot but now converted to a restaurant with a big open air feeling, screened porch and bar. The menu is not large but the food is authentic and beautifully displayed and surprise surprise the french fries, so often overlooked as a side dish are wonderful ! Double cooked and tasting like fries should. After all they are potatoes and not oil . A great place for lunch, dinner or to meet and have a drink.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great lunch-no Birthday specials”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I invited my friends for a birthday celebration lunch here. We went early so the place was not yet lunch busy and we could enjoy the gifts etc. We were excited to see they serve breakfast all day long. The service was excellent, the food delicious, the fries were exceptional and the tea flowed. The server said they did not have anything special for birthdays (many restaurants offer a free dessert or specialty dessert for the birthday person). She did suggest the coconut cake which was delicious. It was disappointing when the cake arrived without a candle or anything to make our birthday girl feel special. We will return, but take our birthday celebrations to restaurants that realize a birthday at any age is SPECIAL!! This restaurant does many things well. One more little jester could make it better.

Annapolis, Maryland, United States
“A neighborhood kinda place...”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I enjoyed a fun, relaxed lunch at Rutledge Cab Co. The dining room and porch are cool. Also, they have great parking. I have been to Chef Carter's other spot, Carter's Kitchen, and may have been expecting something similar. Nonetheless, I had some tasty fried oysters and very good turkey sandwich. The turkey is roasted in-house, has smashed avocado and a spicy mayo. In short, it is not your run of the mill turkey sandwich. My waitress could not have been any nicer or more helpful. Unfortunately, I did not save room for dessert. Rookie mistake...

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We thought the location was great, the inside is really well done also. Cute place! The cheese/beer appetizer was fabulous! We asked for only apples and pretzels for dipping and were accommodated without question . Our only problem was that we wanted a spoon to scrape the bowl! The presentation was very appealing also. We then shared the rosemary potato blue cheese honey flat bread which was very good . The blue cheese wasn't too overpowering and the honey was perfect. For dessert the coconut cake was lovely ! I'm planning my next visit!

1 Thank Heels13
Charleston SC
“Great Parking”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Easy to get to but haven't yet had anything I love. Burger was good but no Sloppy Cow or even moes crosstown. Three times and each time I have been in the booths in the bar. They are not that comfortable. If I go back I will ask to be seated elsewhere.