“Way beyond the ordinary!”
Review of The Ordinary

The Ordinary
Ranked #40 of 916 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Way beyond the ordinary!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We went early on a Sunday with no reservations and were seated right away at the bar. My husband had the ordinary for the day and I had a salad and seafood. It was all great. The oysters were fabulous! Bar tender Brian handled a very obnoxious cougar at the end of the bar with utmost tact and patience. We hope to return to Charleston soon so that we can dine here again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Almost as Good as FIG”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

After having a fabulous meal at FIG, I thought I'd check out its sister seafood restaurant. I was not disappointed. I ate at the bar since the tables were full and it was a great experience. The restaurant it a bit loud for me but the vibe was really good. I had the razor clams, which was fantastic. The mussels were also excellent, with some of the best fries I've ever had. They aren't quite as good as FIG, but I'd definitely return.

Raleigh NC
“A classy and tasty raw bar experience ”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We had a really great experience here - BBQ shrimp, baked oysters, raw oysters were all top notch. Service was outstanding and ambience was cool. Stay away from the fish New England chowder though - while the flavor was good, I found it watery with big pieces of potato and fish, almost too big to eat as a soup.

Manchester Center, Vermont, United States
“The Best Shellfish/Raw Bar in Charleston”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

When we arrived, we thought the welcome was odd...even though there were numerous empty tables, we were told to wait at the bar. We asked to be seated, and the host no, you must wait at the bar.
That said, once we were seated, we had a 'knock your sox off" meal. We loved the oysters, baked, raw and Moscow style, the peel and eat shrimp and the moules frites with a fabulous broth.
Ashley was a charming server and offered excellent advice.

London, United Kingdom
“Hipster place”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Fun venue ( the bar looked especially inviting, although we were seated upstairs) in an old bank building, with acoustics to match. (Read: loud.). But my friends and I were in a jovial mood so no matter. The menu was crazy- we could NOT decide on what to order, everything sounded delicious! We ended up getting a bunch of things to share and the standout,hands down, was the Thai marinated rudder fish. It was so amazing, we ordered a second helping.
Service was a tad perfunctory and we had a longish wait between courses but all in all, I would recommend the Ordinary for the rudder fish alone!