“Can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Xiao Bao Biscuit
Ranked #110 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I'd heard some good things from friends & I'm so happy I tried this incredible restaurant. My husband and I went with my in laws and we all picked something that appealed to us personally and we all loved everything we ordered. We had the Jiao Zi (dumplings), Lap Cheong(sausage with mushrooms & beans), Ma La Rou (hanger steak), Okonomiyaki (cabbage pancake- we added the egg- do this!), Yu Xiang (brussel sprouts)& the whole fish. Wow! Standouts were certainly the whole fish, which was crispy and moist and beautiful all at the same time. Brussel sprouts were a close second & maybe a tie with the cabbage pancake but I would eat every one of the again no question! Cool comfortable atmosphere & good service too. If I had any criticism it would be that wine by the glass was a bit pricy but the food is incredibly delicious & so reasonably priced it's worth it. Can't wait to eat here again!

Visited April 2014

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful flavors in an eclectic setting. Friendly, knowledgable staff made for a great experience. The cabbage pancake with pork candy was exceptional, but all the dishes we shared were delightful.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LynMay64
Columbia, South Carolina
“Not your usual oriental restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

When entering this small converted service station you are transplanted to a little place in southeast Asia. To say that it is not fancy is a understatement. But the atmosphere is fun and the staff is amazing. There was a line at 11:30 in the morning when it opened. The food is interesting and innovative. The cabbage pancake sound strange but is not to be missed. It is a good item to share when you are starting your meal. On Friday they have a special biscuit , ours had spicy chicken with bang bang sauce. The chicken salad with bean sprouts was superb. Most of the dishes are spicy but certainly not too hot. The Vietnamese "lemonade" was the best non-alcoholic drink that I can remember having in a restaurant. They have a full bar, so you can have a drink while you are waiting outside to get a table, the bar will be full of diners. Don't miss this place if you are in the mood for an outing with friends. It is unique!

• Visited March 2014
Sullivan's Island, South Carolina
“Hard to pronounce, easy to like”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Another of the many converted gas stations is home to "The Biscuit". We went in on a crowded Friday night, but got lucky when spots at the first-come-first-serve lunch counter opened up. Otherwise it would have been a 30 minute wait in a fairly tight space. Service, both hostess and waitress, was very pleasant. Papaya salad (a regular dish we try everywhere) was very spicy and good. The Cha Ca Hanoi was really very different and tasty. Cocktails are nothing like you've ever seen before, so we tried the Sichuan Sting. Don't think I'd do that again. A little odd taste, so back to the Asian beer for me. Wine list very limited. Don't agree it's the best Asian food in town. I've reviewed better ones, but we'll be back again to The Biscuit.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mavmed
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
“Out of this world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Never, ever have I had such fabulous Asian food as I did here. The Japanese pancake, Okonomiyaki, which is served at lunch and extremely popular, has no equivalent. Those who enjoy spicy food need to try their homemade hot sauce, which is made from pepper-infused honey. The flavors here pop in a way that I have never tasted before. The menu may be limited, but don't let that dissuade you from eating here. You will also enjoy the refreshing cocktail and juice menu. The property, a renovated gas station, is very eclectic, which lends to the charm of the experience. The knowledgeable wait staff takes great care of everyone. Take an authentic trip to Asia and stop by this funky fresh establishment.

• Visited February 2014