“Finally a Great Asian Restaurant”
Review of Xiao Bao Biscuit

Xiao Bao Biscuit
Ranked #124 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Charleston, South Carolina
“Finally a Great Asian Restaurant”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a great place to enjoy my birthday dinner with friends and family! It is a young atmosphere for sure, but a great vibe! The property used to be a gas station! The staff is super friendly and attentive and genuinely seemed to want us to enjoy our meal. The Okonomiyaki is a cabbage pancake with scallions, carrot and kale. It covers a whole plate and offers a delicious start to the meal! The Jiao Zi dumplings offer just the right amount of heat and acid.
The Tenri-style ramen w/ pork belly kimchi, greens & poached egg was just what I needed on a chilly evening after a tennis match! One friend enjoyed the flounder....wow...sublime..... another attempted the tofu soup.....not so good.... my husband ventured to try the duck. It was incredible, but super spicy. The server was so awesome. He sensed my husband's temperature rising and brought over a can of coconut milk, the PERFECT way to temper the fire! This is a great addition the downtown Charleston dining scene!!

1 Thank Kiawahkat43

“new Vietnamese!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great food - helpful staff that goes over all offerings - friendly staff and owners - clean and attractive setting - what could be better!
Unusual flavors - most entrees healthy.............we come at least once a week!

• Visited January 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Special menu for Chinese New Year”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Appetizers delicious as always. New main course choices special for New Year were delightful. A nice expansion of the limited--albeit excellent--menu.

Charleston, SC
“Don't bother...save your money for a plane ticket”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is what passes for an Asian restaurant in this little so-called "restaurant town". Tiny menu, carelessly prepared, overpriced. Funky ambience is tres cool but what's going on in the kitchen? We ordered three dishes (two apps and a perfectly good triggerfish that was fried and then smothered in something like a doctored-up hoisin sauce) and each one was sub-par. My wife stopped eating and left me to clean it up. They might want to get a fry hood, too, as both of us left smelling like grease after 45 minutes inside. We've travelled all over Asia and I guess we will save our money to go back and get a decent meal.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Awesome Asian Food”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I's new favorite restaurant. We came here based on a glowing review from the City Paper and they definitely got it right. If you are a big fan of unique Asian cuisine, you definitely have to check this restaurant out. Great drinks, awesome appetizer and the tilapia dish I had was delicious even though it was a taste I have never tried before. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his ramen as well. We will be here a lot more in the future.