“Don't bother...save your money for a plane ticket” 2 of 5 bubbles

Xiao Bao Biscuit
Ranked #110 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, SC
“Don't bother...save your money for a plane ticket”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is what passes for an Asian restaurant in this little so-called "restaurant town". Tiny menu, carelessly prepared, overpriced. Funky ambience is tres cool but what's going on in the kitchen? We ordered three dishes (two apps and a perfectly good triggerfish that was fried and then smothered in something like a doctored-up hoisin sauce) and each one was sub-par. My wife stopped eating and left me to clean it up. They might want to get a fry hood, too, as both of us left smelling like grease after 45 minutes inside. We've travelled all over Asia and I guess we will save our money to go back and get a decent meal.

• Visited February 2013

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Awesome Asian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I's new favorite restaurant. We came here based on a glowing review from the City Paper and they definitely got it right. If you are a big fan of unique Asian cuisine, you definitely have to check this restaurant out. Great drinks, awesome appetizer and the tilapia dish I had was delicious even though it was a taste I have never tried before. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his ramen as well. We will be here a lot more in the future.

• Visited February 2013
Sunset, South Carolina
“Best meal all week!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Over the past 7 days I have tried 6 different restaurants in either Hilton Head or Charleston. All had good food and good service. The best was Xiao Bao Biscuit. It's a little hard to find but so worth the effort! I was fortunate enough to meet the ownership team. They bring a level of energy and enthusiasm that ensures that you will have a great experience. From the designer cocktails to the doughnuts, every part of my meal was beautiful to see but even better to eat. This should be a "must visit" for all Charleston residents and guest alike.

1 Thank Billlake
charleston
“"OK" at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Food was nothing special. Very limited menu and staff inflexible with substitutions. Restaurant hard to find and if it weren't for GPS, I would have drove right past. Fairly new place so maybe in time might move in a more positive direction.

• Visited January 2013
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Great food Don't let the location fool you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

A little bit hard to find but well worth the effort.we had lunch there today,the food was fabulous and the staff were delightful.An overall great experience. our new go to place when we come to Charlestob

• Visited December 2012