“This restaurant is over the top in a serious FOODIE town”

Burwell's Stone Fire Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Burwell's Stone Fire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Bay Street
Transit: Free Charleston Trolley stops next door at the Art Institute. Charleston Marriott also stops at the Art Institute.
Description: Burwell's, a pioneer of the Modern Steakhouse, unites with specific farms and ranches, most recently forging a powerful relationship with Snake River Farms for its exotic cuts, butcher selects, and above prime grades. The Award-Winning, casual steakhouse serves local, seasonal ingredients and its nose-to-tail efforts made famous by the "Hot Rock" program have caused quite a stir. Toss in the local seafood and vegetables and you'll find out why they've been the best kept secret in Charleston. Indoor - Outdoor Dining. "There is no other steak like it!"
Napa, California
“This restaurant is over the top in a serious FOODIE town”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Last night I treated six friends from California to one of my favorite restaurants anywhere in the USA and the night did not disappoint on any level. This group of seven of us all comes from the wine and spirits industry and we are fortunate to be able to eat out many times a week so the bar is high. The photos of the food attached may or may do justice to the taste and quality so you will just have to go and try this place for yourself. We live part of the time in Napa, CA and part of the time in Charleston, SC and this is always one of our go to places to sit at the bar to have the Rock Candy (Lava Rock) to cook your own pieces of steak with a glass of wine. Sitting at the table last night and having various side dishes and salads,including pork belly, mac and cheese, asparagus. I had the bone in ribeye split with a friend and it was the most tender and flavorful of any steak I have ever had in my life.. Service was the icing on the cake. Ken and John and Dave certainly know how to make the entire experience amazing and Allan has got to be one of the best serves in America. Everyone from the front door to the back kitchen door takes such pride in what they do at Burwell's that it is no wonder that everytime I go back they are more and more busy. Way to go gentlemen and I will see you again on my next visit. We just love you guys.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Mother's Day Brunch”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I went to brunch on Mother's Day with my husband, his brother and their 91 year old mother. I had the egg and fennel pizza, my brother in law had the salmon, both were delicious. I had never heard of this type of pizza, just loved it. My husband had the lamb, said it was okay. My mother in law had Eggs Benedict, she really liked it. Parking was non-existent in public streets and public lots that day but turned out to be super easy at Burwell's private lot next door, cost was $8 but $4 was credited toward the bill.

Katonah, New York
“good stuff”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

you cant go wrong with anything on the menu and the service is terrific. Had my son's rehersal dinner and it could not have been better.

Visited May 2014
Miramar Beach, Florida
“Pass”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We tried to get reservations at other places that were already full. Chose Burwells because they had availability and now I know why. Had the Bistro Steak, was very tough and tasteless. The dish accoutrements just didn't go. My husband had a bone-in ribeye: pretty flavorless and lots of gristle. Not cheap, so that made it worse. Don't bother.

2 Thank BlueEyedGirl
ChsMarket, Owner at Burwell's Stone Fire Grill, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for the fine marks on our service. Our service team is excellent, as most have been with us since day one. Usually the food stands even taller! It seems that some of our best let you down. On behalf of our team, we all apologize. In the future, please let us know at the restaurant and we can immediately fix it.

We invite you to follow up with us, as our incredible reputation is based on our willingness to accept mistakes and make things right. You were sent a message. We also invite you and all potential diners to understand the odds on a mistake are exceptionally rare. About one every thirty thousand diners. Thus, if we make an error just let us know. We will make it right. Our ratings express our ability to do whatever it takes to exceed your expectation.

Overall, we thank you for choosing to dine with us. We also look forward to your reply and the next visit.

Burwell's
“Aug vacay visit...killer...”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Came here with my wife last August. To this day it was quite memorable. My wife had the wagyu sirloin and brussel sprouts and I had grouper succotash. Both were wonderful....the wait staff that took care if is upstairs was great. Personable and courteous with extensive knowledge of the menu. Ambience was very pleasant as well. Our tableside searing stone was amazing. Like nothing I had ever had in a restaurant. I highly recommend this appetizer yo any who go. Get it with the Gorgonzola dipping sauce....wow...fantastic

Wow. Fantastic. Thank you and I will pass this along to our team. We are so pleased you had a great time... That is always our goal, and one we meet almost EVERY TIME!

It means a great deal to a restaurant when they hear the good. Review sites have become "famous" for less than understanding or even upstanding reviews. Whether strange reviews are rare, odd, negative... positive ones always make the team feel great! Believe it or not, almost all restaurants are in the business because they LOVE FOOD, LOVE Their Guests, and work tirelessly to make that a reality. Fortunately we nail it out of the park almost every time, and we are proud we did that for you here.

Please say hello on your next visit.

Thank you on behalf of everyone here at Burwell's