“Delicious in every way!”

Burwell's Stone Fire Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Burwell's Stone Fire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Bay Street
Transit: Free Charleston Trolley stops next door at the Art Institute. Charleston Marriott also stops at the Art Institute.
Description: Burwell's, a pioneer of the Modern Steakhouse, unites with specific farms and ranches, most recently forging a powerful relationship with Snake River Farms for its exotic cuts, butcher selects, and above prime grades. The Award-Winning, casual steakhouse serves local, seasonal ingredients and its nose-to-tail efforts made famous by the "Hot Rock" program have caused quite a stir. Toss in the local seafood and vegetables and you'll find out why they've been the best kept secret in Charleston. Indoor - Outdoor Dining. "There is no other steak like it!"
“Delicious in every way!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Arrived early for our reservation but we were seated immediately. Our waitress was very friendly and on top of keeping our drinks replenished. The chef accommodated my husband's vegetarian requests preparing 2 items he ordered without meat! My son ordered a ribeye with parsnip mashed and said it was cooked perfectly. My daughter devoured her surf and turf with a smile. I ordered a ceaser salad and had the ahi tuna with green tea soba noodles on the starter menu for an entree with a side of Brussels sprouts. The presentation of the tuna and soba noodle dish was very unique and the tasted fantastic! Another highly recommended Charleston restaurant!

• Visited August 2013
ChsMarket, Owner at Burwell's Stone Fire Grill, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
You know your stuff, and likely why you are a senior reviewer. We appreciate when we meet the expectations of a savvy diner.

We appreciate the honest comments about the food, attention to detail, flavor combinations, and the presentation. Mostly though, we are glad it all tastes good! That is what it all comes down too.

Thank you for dining with us, and see you next time.

Charleston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Meal!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I visited Burwell's this weekend and as usual we had super fast service and excellent food. The Surf and Turf was done to perfection and the burgers were out of this world! We will definitely be going back again soon!

• Visited August 2013
Michael,

Thank you. You made great choices too. Some of my favorites. We are very pleased what a great time you had, please say hello and introduce yourself on the next visit.

Thank you.
Highland Mills, New York
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Took my wife AND 2 fussy teens for a great dinner.. The boys cooked their own steak on the hot stone and my wife and I had Filet with a lobster tail.. Everything was AWESOME, just loved it... My son got the peanut butter s'mores for dessert, it was amazing... Highly recommend!

Visited July 2013
Kevin,

Thank you for choosing Burwell's. We are new and appreciate when guests chose to dine here. We also appreciate all of the kind words following an experience at Burwell's. The endless great comments by all of our diners really help others understand where to go when they get in town.

We don't have PR voices and teams of Marketing. We just do the best we can within our own four walls, take care of our guests, and let them speak.

Thank you for your support... it means you loved it!

See you on the next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Steaks”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We checked out Burwells on a whim, but it was one of the best steaks I've had. Great food (Ribeye) and some great cocktails, made for a memorable evening. The service was friendly and professional.

• Visited July 2013
Thanks and whims are often a good thing! We especially appreciate that you are from DC, another great culinary city. We are thankful that your evening was a memorable one.

While we are new at this location, we are not new to steak. Our entire lives have been dedicated to opening great restaurants, and Burwell's was designed based on that understanding of steak and its future. We work directly with the industry to innovate, change, and attempt new ideas.

We also work with our local community to ensure the freshest ingredients from side to salad to seafood.

Thank you for choosing Burwell's and please drop in on your next visit as well.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Overall good food & satisfying experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to check out Burwell's despite having heard mixed reviews from other Charleston locals. I'm pleased to report that it was an overall enjoyable experience. I was warned by a friend not to order the cook-it-yourself steak option for dinner because it results in a lot of work and waiting while the others at your table may be enjoying their already-cooked meals. However, they also offer an appetizer option of the stone cooked steak in which you cook your own pre-sliced petite sirloin chunks that come with a trio of house-made sauces. I highly recommend this app because it was not only delicious, but the cooking time of the small pieces is much shorter. Also, we greatly enjoyed the cheese plate along with the steak tips.
Our main courses were also quite tasty, along with the sides. The service was pretty good despite some confusion at the hostess station when we arrived.
I am a dessert lover, but I would advice other dessert lover's to hold off and seek their sweet finale elsewhere. Dessert was the only aspect of our experience that fell below my expectations, but if you do get dessert, the innovative s'mores option is the way to go.

• Visited May 2013