“Good Casual Restaurant”

Burwell's Stone Fire Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Burwell's Stone Fire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Bay Street
Transit: Free Charleston Trolley stops next door at the Art Institute. Charleston Marriott also stops at the Art Institute.
Description: Burwell's, a pioneer of the Modern Steakhouse, unites with specific farms and ranches, most recently forging a powerful relationship with Snake River Farms for its exotic cuts, butcher selects, and above prime grades. The Award-Winning, casual steakhouse serves local, seasonal ingredients and its nose-to-tail efforts made famous by the "Hot Rock" program have caused quite a stir. Toss in the local seafood and vegetables and you'll find out why they've been the best kept secret in Charleston. Indoor - Outdoor Dining. "There is no other steak like it!"
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed 2 bottles of wine and an array of apps with family and friends. The service and atmosphere were great. The chef, Eric Huff, has done a great job. If you are in Charleston you should stop by.

1  Thank mark_kerr

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I don't even know where to begin. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by the staff, seated promptly and tended to through out the night. My husband and I came in to check it out and have a drink and appetizers, and left with having a few drinks, dinner, great conversation and new friends. The drinks were delicious- I'd recommend their champagne cocktail with berries, while my husband had their house made breakfast bourbon. While he enjoyed a steak, I enjoyed a delicious scallop dish both cooked and seasoned to perfection. We will be back for more!

1  Thank MrsFDF
ChsMarket, Owner at Burwell's Stone Fire Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for coming in, and appreciate you choosing Burwells's! And the Berry Bubbly and Breakfast Bourbon... Dave created that one and it's pretty awesome. We have highly appreciated all the community support in our opening. Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

There has been so much buzz about this place, and they did not disappoint. At the bar they make everything from scratch and you can taste the difference. We really enjoyed the atmosphere, as this is one of the most striking and relaxing spaces we have visited. The vibe is something words cannot explain. Obviously the steaks are what these folks specialize in, but the local fish and seafood was easlily a match! They are new and have a few minor details to work out, but this place is absolutely top notch and rivals anything in Charleston. A definite must see and we will most certainly return again and again.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We just tried a new steak house on Lower Market St. Beautifully renovated addition to Charleston's great restaurant collection. She crab soup to start was good but over salted and voluntarily removed from our bill. The steaks, served on a sizzling stone were perfect as were the side dishes. We will return!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently dined at Burwell's with friends and, as a whole, enjoyed the experience. We began the evening at the bar, where I ordered a spicy citrus margarita. It was delicious! This is also where we first experienced the ipad menu. This is a very innovative concept, but I would definitely remove the pictures of each dish, which pop up for every appetizer, entree, side, etc. Many of the pictures were below average and unappetizing, plus, I like the surprise of not knowing what I order is going to look like, especially when the presentation is innovative as many at Burwell's were. We moved onto the community table to dine, which gave us a wonderful view up at the chainlink chandelier and exposed ceiling beams. The architecture in Burwell's is absolutely breathtaking. Onto dinner...the butternut squash soup was amazing. My bibb lettuce salad was also good, extremely large and definitely shareable. My bistro filet entree could have been more tender, good flavor, but not the melt in your mouth quality I expect from a filet. The scallops and pork belly were delicious, as was the rosemary mac & cheese. Our server was very personable and efficient and the GM also introduced himself, which was a nice touch. I feel that we Charlestonians like associating restaurants with a face and a name, mainly the GM/owner/person in charge, and that their presence and interactions during a dining experience are very impactful. I will most definitely be returning to Burwell's to enjoy more fantastic cocktails, atmosphere, food, and a general feeling of a good time.

1  Thank Candice J