“Best hotel in Charleston”
Review of Zero George Street

Zero George Street
Ranked #3 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
“Best hotel in Charleston”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

After an overbooking issue with another hotel I was lucky to find a last minute room at Zero George. Christian greeted me by name when I arrived, showed us the property and to our room where he had a bottle of champaign waiting. The room was extremely clean, decorated and furnished in all white adding to the feeling of cleanliness, freshness and Charleston aristocratic charm. With Zero George's excellent location just three blocks from Market Street combined with the privacy provided by the property Zero George was somewhere I wish I could call home! In the morning Justin greeted me by name at the concierge desk and made me a couple of cappachinos, the perfect way to start the day (thanks Justin!). Having stayed in many Charleston hotels in the past there in no doubt that Zero George is my favorite! If you want the real Charleston experience Zero George is the place to be.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Tacokickcharleston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend in August. The property was really quaint and all of the little touches made it an exceptional place for us. Our room was very big and comfortable. We had a little table and chairs to sit on outside on the porch if we wished. Every evening there was a happy hour with wine and cheese (and these delicious spiced pecans). The staff were extremely accomodating and friendly. The breakfast in the morning was also great. The homemade granola is really wonderful. The hotel is a short walk to all downtown sights and the great Saturday morning Farmers Market. If you're feet get tired after a day walking all over you can easily hire a pedicab to take you back to the hotel or one of the fabulous restaurants in Charleston! This hotel is a GEM!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blingdiva
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I traveled with my fiancé for a long weekend. The room was very well done. The bed was extremely comfortable. She kept taking pictures of the bathroom bc she loved the design. The wine and cheese in the evening was a nice touch. The staff after arriving was great. Only one small complaint, i called numerous times to get restaurant recommendations and was told that they would email them to me. After the 3rd call, I finally got a list of 4 spots with no description. Outside of that, zero George was wonderful and we will definitely be back.

1 Thank James S
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This is an absolute gem! I highly recommend it.....a 5 minute walk to all the shops and restaurants on Kings Street. I will stay here, again! Great for one person or a couple....extremely comfortable and quiet!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank CShea2
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

There is nothing like arriving at a hotel and having it exceed all of your expectations. Zero George exceeded all of ours! My girlfriend and I stayed over at Zero George on our way through Charleston this summer and our stay at Zero George was nearly the highlight of our trip. The staff are excellent, the rooms are excellent, the accommodations are excellent. Zero George has it ALL covered, down to the most minute detail. Awesome wine, coffee, breakfast, rooms, staff, etc, etc..

We loved our stay!

1 Thank Chad L
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Honestly, there's not much more I can add to the list of other 5-star reviews. We traveled with another couple and spent 3 nights at the property. The grounds are gorgeous and the guest rooms are very clean, stylish and functional. I loved the stocked mini fridge in the room and the water pressure in the shower was fantastic.

We were there celebrating my 50th birthday and my friends arranged a cake delivered to our room upon check in. This was no ordinary grocery store cake, either! It was made on site and absolutely delicious!

The staff was super-friendly, especially Kathryn, who helped us with restaurant recommendations and arranged a walking tour. (See my review of Oyster Point Tours!).

We're planning our return trip as soon as Kathryn organizes her coffee tour of Charleston.

Room Tip: We had rooms in the back building and they were quiet. Our friends' room on the corner was a bi...