“Good light lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good light lunch”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This was on our list of places to try for lunch. Now we did park downtown and walk almost a mile before we arrived here. The sandwiches were ok at best. Nothing spectacular. We arrived right when they opened and the place filled up quick. I had the Folly Beach turkey wrap and my husband had the Italian sub. The spicy dill pickle chips were a pleasant find for our side. Again, sandwiches were ok, they did use Boars Head meat which is our favorite. So my suggestion is eat here of you are looking for a quick light meal. The inside of the restaurant is cute. But skip it if you are wanting a truly unique lunch.

“Awesome Sunday Sandwich Stop!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

A buddy of mine & I stopped in & had Sunday lunch here. This place is great! I had the Rosemary Ham & Swiss Bagel Grilled cheese. It had Boars Head Rosemary Ham, melted Swiss, cream cheese, & fig-rosemary preserves on a pressed Normandy Farm Panini. It was absolutely delicious! I'm a new fan of this restaurant. My friend had the French Onion Grilled Cheese & was very pleased. The Brown Dog Deli has shot up to the top of my list for great local sandwiches. Great staff. Excellent food! I'll be back. Thanks guys!

Jacksonville, Florida
“Don't be shy to sit at the community table. The food is worth it.”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

A great place to have a meal. Unique food selection, warm atmosphere and great service. I had the salmon burger with broccoli salad. Yum. The iced tea was a little watery but I am a serious tea snob. Dogs are welcome which was surprising in a restaurant but it is the Brown Dog Deli.

Visited July 2014
Charleston SC
“Where's the Poppy Seed Bun?”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

A friend and I journeyed downtown for lunch today. It’s a busy crowded joint on Broad Street which was a good sign. After waiting for 15 minutes we received a good size booth. Oddly enough there is no venting over the grill so the entire space has a smoky vibe and odor. We ordered classic dogs to see if they could handle the basics….me..a Chili-Cheese Dog, my friend- a Chicago Dog. No sides are included so we ordered Macaroni Salad sides which were unremarkable. The Dogs arrived and the presentation was picture perfect! (pic attached). The toppings were flavorful and in just the right blend to each other. When we dove in, sadly we discovered the Hebrew Nationals were merely boiled, not a grill mark to be seen. The limpness was not complementary to the topping spread or the hearty, tasty, center top cut buns. Oddly enough – the Chicago Dog was not served on a Poppy Seed bun which is a gross violation of accepted Chicago Dog Etiquette. Staff was awesome friendly during a busy time. Will be back to explore other parts of the menu.

• Visited June 2014
Charleston, SC
“Funky Fabulous”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

If you like places that are fun, different, excellent service and food then this is the place for you! Our first time eating here was for dinner. I had the Apple Butter Sandwich and hubby had the BBQ. Wow the Apple Butter was fantastic and hubby liked his bbq also. The broccoli salad is a must try! The owner is super nice and took the time to stop by our table and chat. Second visit was for lunch and a couple of us ordered the salads and they were excellent as well.
Definitely a place to stop in if you're visiting or live here! Can't believe it took us this long to find this gem!

• Visited June 2014