“Great Deli!!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Found this deli on tripadvisor and we couldn't have been more pleased with the meal we had in this cozy deli..the menu has a great variety,even the hot dogs looked wonderful..wished we had more time to have been able to eat their again..the owner also took time to see how we were enjoying our meal..service was very good..this restaurant is a must to return to next visit to Charleston.

There are newer reviews for Brown Dog Deli

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stopped here for a quick lunch with family. The hawaiian salmon burger was absolutely amazing! The deli meat sandwiches looked okay and my husband didn't particularly enjoy his salad with diced chicken. Very few tables inside, so there was a bit of a wait. We had a great waitress who got our food out to us as fast as possible. I would definitely return for the salmon burger!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This great deli was recommended by our tour guide. What a find! It was so good we returned on a second day. The variety on the menu was amazing. We had wonderful drinks, ginger ale and beer an wine, the choices were great. Prices are excellent but I would pay whatever to have wonderful lunches like this everyday. Servers were very attentive. Hardly a wait for food !

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I have been making trips to Charleston for years now. We are never disappointed by the amazing array of food the city has to offer, but let me tell you, this place may just be the best food we've EVER had here. There is something on the menu for all walks of life; the picky eaters, vegans, vegetarians, the hot dog buffs, or people like me and my husband, those on the "see-food diet" :) The service was outstanding and our waitress was so pleasant and memorable. Best of all, we can bring our dog next time!! I highly recommend checking out the beautiful back patio and scarfing down one of those "Apple butter jeans" sandwiches with a side of broccoli salad while you're at it. There's a reason this place is ranked so highly...we can't wait to try everything on the menu!

1  Thank Marla1952
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We walked in the door and was greeted by Jackie, a charming and friendly hostess and then admired the atmosphere, especially the back open air patio. Our waitress was equally charming and efficient. The food was absolutely amazing! So many choices with unique combinations of flavors. Check out the Apple "Butter" Jeans and Hot Chick sandwiches. Both so delicious I still think about them. Everyone in our party was more than pleased with everything. Especially the gluten free person when she heard they could accommodate with gluten free bread. Please try this deli. If you have to wait for a table, I promise you it will be worth it.

1  Thank mck231