“Photo Walking Tour in Charleston!”

Say Charleston! Photo Walking Tours
Charleston Photo Walking Tours
Ranked #7 of 232 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Charleston native and award-winning photojournalist Liz Legare Duren takes you on a stroll through the city her ancestors helped build. Experience Charleston, while YOU are being photographed in the city's most beautiful (or tucked away) locations. Limiting the the tour to only 10 people assures you a more intimate look at the city and a chance for some GREAT photography! Tours are available 7 days a week, please visit our website for all the information you need! Discounts on tickets are offered several times a year, check our site for the latest news.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We enjoyed our afternoon tour walk with Liz! She's very knowledgeable with the history of Charleston. Liz is very enthusiastic and personable - she even shares her own personal family history, which was rather interesting. Not only, is she very knowledgeable, but c'mon she's a professional photographer. So, why not take a stroll and have someone take your pictures along the way? She allows you to create memories that you can take back home! There are many tour guides, but I would highly recommend her photo walking tour - there are no other guides that can do what Liz does!

lizduren, Owner at Say Charleston! Photo Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

what a nice review, thank you very much. I love strolling around the city and telling my stories AND finding new ones all the time.

There are newer reviews for Say Charleston! Photo Walking Tours

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This tour was fun, interactive, and gave great insight into the history of Charleston. The tour was very personalized- between taking pictures and hearing wonderful stories about the city from Liz, we felt like we had the VIP treatment. The small tour size was one of our favorite parts, we did not feel like we were numbers in a large group. Thank you Liz for the high quality professional photos and for the great tour of the city. We would recommend Liz to anyone looking to do a downtown tour of Charleston, A++

lizduren, Owner at Say Charleston! Photo Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you! I enjoyed meeting your and your sister/friends! I can see the tradition of vacationing together will last another generation!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I found Liz and her Say Charleston! tour through Groupon. We were really excited to have the opportunity to have some really nice pictures taken and to learn a little more history about this historic city. What we got was so much more. By far, Liz is the best tour-guide we've ever had. She uses humor, extremely interesting facts, and personal anecdotes to walk you through some of the most gorgeous parts of historic Charleston. All the while, she's taking pictures of everyone in the group, chatting away while she snaps. We had such a great time that the tour itself would've been worth the price without the pictures--THEN we got an email with the link to her photography and were blown away by how good the pictures were, since she'd been leading a tour and photographing a half dozen other people at the same time. The whole thing felt personal and it was really the highlight of our vacation.

Thank you so much! I really enjoy giving my tours SO much and it means a lot to me that you enjoyed it. Hurry back!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Since the moment we finished our tour with Liz, we have been telling everyone we know about this! My husband and I signed up for a tour late in the evening only 2 days before we wanted to go. It was super easy to sign up and pay for online. We were so excited to try something new and it was even better when we found out we were the only ones who signed up on our chosen morning. We ended up getting a personal tour!
As someone who has studied history, I can say that Liz is truly knowledgable when it comes to the story of Charleston and my husband and I loved that she includes her own family's story. She included so many wonderful anecdotes and really made the tour interesting!
I was a little nervous about doing the walking tour, since I am about 27 weeks pregnant. However, it was a relaxing stroll through the city and now we have some awesome maternity photos!
We had an absolutely wonderful time and wish that there was something like this available everywhere we travel. There is no souvenir better than Liz's photos!

Thank you so much for choosing my tour and walking around with me. You and the baby did a GREAT job! Enjoy your maternity images! it's so nice to look back on that time in your life.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Took Liz's tour this past Sunday morning. The church bells were ringing and the sun was shining when we met in Washington Square. I loved that she didn't just recite facts but told a wonderfully informative story that included ancestors, ornamental iron workers, slaves, presidents, pirates, and a myriad of sites around town. We walked down main streets and hidden alleys. We posed in pictures and met new people. This tour would've been the #1 hit of the weekend even without the photography. Add the pictures and the fun we had posing; we made history.

Thank you SO MUCH for walking around with me. it was a pleasure meeting you guys too! thank you for the pictures... boy, I talk with my hands a lot... don't stand too close! :)